Sunday, February 19, 2017

Ed Sheeran (2) - Week Of February 18, 2017


849179-81197bcc-532f-11e4-a40d-833ddda6a9b8.jpg (650×366)
Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed your week. I can say that this week definitely had some strange things going on countdown-wise. We had a number of large falls and large rises, and some other minor things that made me very happy. I also realize that my Grammy's review post is still not out. I am about halfway done with that, but I had to work from three in the afternoon until midnight on Thursday to finish a project that was not supposed to be due the next day. So, yeah, I was quite tired, but, at least I have this week off for my mid-winter break. Enough about me, though, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's a list of songs we're saying goodbye to this week.

  • Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#42)
  • Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#44) [1 Week At #1]
Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

The Countdown

45. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (#43)
44. OneRepublic - Kids (#40)
43. Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#41)
42. Lukas Graham - You're Not There (#36)
41. Runaground - Chase You Down (#15)
40. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#32)
39. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#45) [3 Weeks At #1]
38. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#38)
37. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#31)
36. Niall Horan - This Town (#14)
35. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#37)
34. Maroon 5 - Cold (DEBUT)
33. Rihanna - Love On The Brain (#39)
32. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#28) [2 Weeks At #1]
31. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#33)
30. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#24)
29. John Legend - Love Me Now (#9)
28. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (#30)
27. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#25)
26. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (#26)
25. Daya - Words (#21)
24. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#20)
23. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (#29)
22. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#22)
21. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm (DEBUT)
20. Train - Play That Song (#10)
19. Julia Michaels - Issues (#34)
18. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#35)
17. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#8) [3 Weeks At #1]
16. The Chainsmokers - Paris (#13)
15. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (#19)
14. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming (#23)
13. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#18)
12. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#12) [2 Weeks At #1]
11. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#27)
10. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#17)
9. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#12) [4 Weeks At #1]
8. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things (#11)
7. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#5)
6. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (#7)
5. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#6)
4. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#4)
3. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap (#3)
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#2) [8 Weeks At #1]
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Runaground - Chase You Down (-26)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (+17)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Lost Kings/Tinashe - Quit You

#1 Recommendation For You: Maroon 5/Future - Cold

New Entrants

~ Our first entrant this week comes from Maroon 5 with a song that was just released this Tuesday, called Cold. I'm not necessarily happy that Future was cut out of this, like Kendrick Lamar was cut out of Don't Wanna Know. All in all, this song is quite simple and I feel like this song works in that manner with the lyrics, as there is not much to them. I don't necessarily believe that this song will stick with me in the long run, but for the time being I hope it has some decent success here, as I don't expect it to not have any.

~ Returning with the second and highest entry of the week is Katy Perry with Skip Marley on the disco-pop infused track Chained To The Rhythm. This is exactly up to expectation on what a comeback from Perry would look like. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance of this song on last Sunday's Grammy Awards on CBS. I enjoy Skip's part and I am very glad it wasn't cut on this station. Katy does great as usual, and I am expecting thorough success from this song on this countdown.

HitBound

  • AJR - Weak
  • Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
  • James Hersey - Miss You
  • Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
  • Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
  • Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (DEBUT)
  • Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
  • MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
  • Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
  • Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (DEBUT)
  • Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
  • Little Mix - Touch (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons - Believer
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Little Mix - Touch
2. Snakehips/MØ - Don't Leave
3. AJR - Weak
4. The Vamps/Matoma - All Night
5. James Hersey - Miss You

Blurbed To The Rhythm

~ I am very content seeing Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You at #1. Out of the top 5 right now, this is the song that I want most at #1. I have really been jamming to this song lately, with all of its simplicity.

~ I don't understand why Shawn Mendes - Mercy needs to be this high up, I mean, it's better than his other song here, but it just feels too overrated. Out of the top 10 would be okay.

~ I see Lady Gaga - Million Reasons has made one quick recovery. I don't mind this at all, either. This song has grew on me quite a bit, but I may start to be bothered if its one of those songs that stays for months on end.

~ I really don't understand the story behind Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side's tenure. One week, its almost to the bottom 30, and the next its back near the top 10. I mean, I prefer its position this week over last week's, but I'll take what happens, as long as it's still here.

~ Sadly, The Chainsmokers - Paris made a small drop this week. Happily, Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know declined out of the top 10.

~ I am quite enjoying the sudden leaps from Bruno Mars - That's What I Like and Julia Michaels - Issues. Two very good songs got much deserved recognition this week. I would love to see the latter continue to succeed, as it is only one spot below top 40 radio right now. One spot. I really never expected this song to become how big it already is, and I am excited to see the future of the song as well.

~ I very much enjoy the drop from the top 10 from Train - Play That Song. Although it's okay right now, that's not the place for it. I feel as if my opinion could change very rapidly, back to my old one, leading to me whining about its presence there. So, yeah, it's probably for the best.

~ I am really surprised seeing Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul doing no jumping, besides that one spot rise last weekend. I hope this song changes with the one that is higher up, and that doesn't belong there (you know what song I'm talking about) soon, as this song is one hundred times better at the moment.

~ Wow. I didn't expect that huge fall from John Legend - Love Me Now, and just when things were looking up for the song, too. I guess its just not going to happen again, but I shouldn't say that, because with this countdown, anything is possible.

~ I guess Rihanna - Love On The Brain made a small comeback. It's nothing significant, but I'll take it.

~ I am enjoying the drop from Niall Horan - This Town, and maybe a little bit from Runaground - Chase You Down, just because they are slowly getting old, and I feel like this is the best place for them, clearing some soon to be clutter out of the top 20 early.

~ I can't believe that Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight is still here. This is ridiculous. I thought this would have left weeks ago, but no. At least its all the way at the bottom spot, so hopefully it will depart next week.

~ The Hot 45 Chart will be out soon and hopefully I can get the year-end post out this week, as I have the whole week off. So, be prepared for those two posts in the coming days.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
20. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens

3-Decent
19. Shawn Mendes - Mercy
18. Train - Play That Song
17. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know

4-Good
NONE

5-Great
16. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
15. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
14. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
13. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
12. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
11. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
10. Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
9. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
8. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
7. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
6. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
5. The Chainsmokers - Paris
4. Julia Michaels - Issues
3. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
2. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
1. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things

Score: 91% (A-)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Maroon 5 - Payphone

Favorite Countdown Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods

Bottom 5 Picks
1. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight
2. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
3. OneRepublic - Kids
4. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
5. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend

Top 5 Picks
1. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
2. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
3. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
4. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
5. Julia Michaels - Issues

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)




9 comments:

  1. Nice post! Your top 3 Hitbound picks are almost exactly the same as mine. I'm glad someone else has Bad Things as their favorite song as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! I joined your competition this afternoon, just a few minutes after Scott I think.

      Delete
  2. You really should listen to Ruth B - Superficial Love because I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Bebe Rexha/G-Eazy - F.F.F.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...