Saturday, December 17, 2016

Hailee Steinfeld & Grey (1) - Week Of December 17, 2016


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week! The year is slowly coming to an end and I have posted my first year-end Hot 45 Chart post for this year as well as the year-end Billboard Hot 100! So, don't forget to check those out if you haven't already! Also, I need everyone to keep voting, or I will have to extend the date, we only got 4 votes this week. I have specified that I honestly do not care how many times you vote. Vote as many times for whoever you want! Now, please do this since voting closes this coming Friday. Here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/PGLeGUgLtQeVkm193. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's a list of the ones we are saying goodbye to:
  • Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (#36)
  • Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#39)
Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Adele - Hello

The Chart
45. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys (#44)
44. Calvin Harris - My Way (#45)
43. Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire (#41)
42. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#42)
41. DNCE - Body Moves (#37)
40. Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (#43)
39. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (DEBUT)
38. Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (#20)
37. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#30)
36. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#34)
35. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills (#33)
34. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U (#29)
33. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (#40)
32. John Legend - Love Me Now (#38)
31. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#31) 
30. Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MØ - Cold Water (#28)
29. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons (#32)
28. Runaground - Chase You Down (#26)
27. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#16)
26. Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (DEBUT)
25. Bastille - Good Grief (#24)
24. Fifth Harmony - That's My Girl (#25)
23. James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#35)
22. Ariana Grande - Into You (#9)
21. Coldplay/SeeB - Hymn For The Weekend (#27)
20. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You (#19)
19. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#18)
18. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest (#23)
17. OneRepublic - Kids (#12)
16. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (#15)
15. Jon Bellion - All Time Low (#17)
14. Train - Play That Song (#14)
13. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic (#7)
12. Adele - Water Under The Bridge (#22)
11. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (#21)
10. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (#1)
9. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor (#8)
8. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love (#11)
7. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (#6)
6. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (#13)
5. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know (#10)
4. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful (#5)
3. Niall Horan - This Town (#4)
2. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#3)
1. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#2)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes (-18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (+12)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming

#1 Recommendation For You: Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On

New Entrants

~ First off this week, Steve Aoki and Louis Tomlinson debut with Just Hold On. This song is good for the time being. I would say that the EDM work is good, but it's really just average. This definitely doesn't qualify as Steve Aoki's best work, but it is definitely something. I can definitely say that Louis Tomlinson does a well job on this song, but I don't know how long this will stay with me. It'll be good for a while and I hope it does good here while I like it.

~ Our second, and last debut this week is from Zayn and none other than miss Taylor Swift. I Don't Wanna Live Forever is a fabulous creation for the upcoming sequel to Fifty Shades Of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker. I am totally loving Zayn's falsetto in this song and Taylor Swift does great as always. I never really thought of these two as collaborators, but now that it's a reality, I am really enjoying the song. I really would love to see this song have success on this countdown, and I'm sure it will here, because this station sure loves these two artists.

HitBound
  • Lukas Graham - You're Not There
  • Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
  • Hey Violet - Guys My Age
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy
  • Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
  • Fitz & The Tantrums - HandClap
  • Little Mix - Shout Out To My Ex
  • Gavin DeGraw - She Sets The City On Fire
  • Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor (DEBUT)
  • Maty Noyes - In My Mind
  • Daya - Words
  • Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
  • Rihanna - Love On The Brain
Top 5 HitBound Songs
1. Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello - Bad Things
2. Maty Noyes - In My Mind
3. Dua Lipa - Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
4. Daya - Words
5. Rihanna - Love On The Brain

I Don't Wanna Blurb Forever

~ I really am happy that Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving is our new #1 song. This didn't seem like a song that would hit the top spot at first, but it is very interesting and I hope it has a good run there. If this is its only week there, then let it bask in all the glory.

~ I really don't think it is necessary for Niall Horan - This Town, Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful, or Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know to go past their positions at the moment, but who knows?

~ I am really starting to understand how the dark ages lead us into the good times. I mean, Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better declined nine spots from #1 and Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side and Adele - Water Under The Bridge both jumped ten spots. Things should hopefully begin to look up here.

~ I would really love it if songs like OneRepublic - Kids and X Ambassadors - Unsteady would leave the top 20.

~ It was sadly time for Ariana Grande - Into You to drop.

~ Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty made a notable decline this week, which is very good considering it allowed a place a better song took in the top 20.

~ I would've loved to see John Legend - Love Me Now and Charli XCX - After The Afterparty make larger jumps this week. Maybe that will happen next week, but for the time being, they are amazing songs, and at least they made somewhat of an incline.

~ Well, I am very joyful that Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes made a drop to the lower end of the countdown. Hopefully this means that it will be leaving in the next few weeks.

~ DNCE - Body Moves clearly hasn't done well here. I would hope to see it have a comeback, but it looks like it will be just like Calvin Harris - My Way, which is still here and in the bottom 5.

~ I really hope that this is the last week that we have 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys here. This song should've left a long time ago.

Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Crap
20. X Ambassadors - Unsteady

1-Bad
19. Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

2-Mediocre
18. OneRepublic - Kids
17. Pitbull/Flo Rida/LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight

3-Decent
16. Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In The Name Of Love
15. Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
14. Train - Play That Song

4-Good
13. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
12. Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
11. Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
10. Niall Horan - This Town
9. Maroon 5 - Don't Wanna Know
8. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy

5-Great
7. Jon Bellion - All Time Low
6. Sia/Kendrick Lamar - The Greatest
5. DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving
3. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
2. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
1. Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side

Score: 73%

Bottom 5 Songs This Week
1. TIE: 5 Seconds Of Summer - Girls Talk Boys
1. TIE: Kenny Chesney/P!nk - Setting The World On Fire
2. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling!
3. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza
4. X Ambassadors - Unsteady
5. Twenty One Pilots - Ride

Top 5 Songs This Week
1. TIE: Zayn & Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
1. TIE: Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
2. Adele - Water Under The Bridge
3. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
4. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
5. Gnash/Olivia O'Brien - I Hate U, I Love U

The Hot 45 Chart will be out soon!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)

8 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...