Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Year End Special - The Top 45 Songs Of 2015

Well guys, here it is. My top 45 songs of 2015. Hits 1 played some pretty great music this year, so it was very difficult to make my picks. You will probably not agree with my opinions, which I do respect, but please keep in mind that I have much different opinion from much people. But anyway, let's get started on the rules.

1) Only songs on Hits 1 are eligible to be ranked on this list.

2) Songs that debuted December 5, 2015 or later are not eligible for this list, but will be looked at first for next year's list.

3) Songs that debuted August 15, 2015 or later are eligible to be on this year's list and next year's list, as long as they are on the countdown 1 week in 2016, although that this will probably not happen.

Here are the songs not eligible for this year's list because they debuted too late, but they will be looked at first for next year's top 45 songs of 2015.
  • The Weeknd - In The Night
  • Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods (RE-ENTRY from 2014, but counts)
  • DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
  • Gwen Stefani - Used To Love You
  • Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.
  • Adele - When We Were Young
  • Jason Derulo - Get Ugly
  • Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
  • Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
  • Charlie Puth - One Call Away
Here are the songs I thought were frankly too good, that I thought they might have some success in 2016, so I would rank them then.
  • Halsey - New Americana
  • Adele - Hello
  • Justin Bieber - Sorry
  • Selena Gomez - Same Old Love
  • Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
  • Ellie Goulding - On My Mind
  • Rachel Platten - Stand By You
  • Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible
  • Flo-Rida - My House
  • One Direction  Perfect
  • Demi Lovato - Confident
Here are the songs that came close to the list, I wanted them to make the list so bad.
  • Rachel Platten - Fight Song
  • Kelly Clarkson - Heartbeat Song
  • Nick Jonas - Chains
  • R5 - Let's Not Be Alone Tonight
  • One Direction - Drag Me Down
  • DJ Snake/AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It
  • Jason Derulo - Cheyenne
  • The Weeknd - The Hills
  • Hozier - Take Me To Church (used in 2014)
  • Ariana Grande/Zedd - Break Free (used in 2014)
  • Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora - Black Widow (used in 2014)
Okay, it is time to get to it, this is like my first year doing it, even though I did do it last year, but it was a complete mess, so let's just start on a clean slate and say that there was no top 5 last year.

45. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She's Kinda Hot - I really liked this song when it first came out and it is probably 5 Seconds Of Summer's best song, I know Parker hates it but it was really good, not to mention that catchy guitar solo.

44. Pitbull/Chris Brown - Fun - This song is a really fun song to dance to. It has such a catchy beat, and Chris Brown's vocals are pretty good in it.

43. A Great Big World - Hold Each Other - This song has such a beautiful meaning, and has amazing vocals from A Great Big World. I definitely liked this song for quite some time.

42. Nova Rockefeller - Made In Gold - A catchy song with no message at all (I think). Anyway, this song was a super catchy one that made you want to get up and dance. This song only lasted a short time on the countdown though.

41. Sam Smith - Like I Can - This song is probably Sam Smith's best and is the most upbeat song that Sam Smith has done and it is super catchy, I wish it was recognized more though.

40. The Weeknd - Earned It - This song was really popular everywhere else, but not on Hits 1. This song was really catchy and kind of loud, but pretty good.

39. Robin Schulz/Lily Wood - Prayer In C - I have no clue what Prayer In C means related to the lyrics of the song, but the song was really catchy in my opinion and had me singing along whenever it came on.

38. Charli XCX/Rita Ora - Doing It - This song was really good and way underrated. It never got that high on the countdown and left after a very short period of time. No one really seemed to appreciate this song around the world, at least it made it to the countdown.

37. Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat - This song is really one of Lorde's best. I don't remember it getting much attention on the countdown or worldwide but it had really good vocals from Lorde, and she's only 19.

36. Sam Hunt - Take Your Time - Hits 1 doesn't play much country music but I am glad they played this one. This song did pretty well on the countdown for a country song, and has a good meaning to it, not to mention that the music video is very emotional.

35. Bea Miller - Fire N Gold - This song has an infectiously catchy chorus and I am surprised by how high it got on this countdown, but I don't care because it is really good, just like Young Blood, which didn't get much attention on the countdown, but is higher up on this one.

34. Selena Gomez - Good For You - I am glad hits 1 cut out A$AP Rocky from this song, which they would have done anyway, regardless of my opinion. This is a pretty different sounding song from Selena. This has a pretty catchy chorus and there were times where I listened to this song quite a lot.

33. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MO - Lean On - This has a different feel to it. It did okay on the countdown and it blew up around the world. MO provides excellent vocals to fit the funky feel of the song. I also listened to this song quite a bit at one point.

32. Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding - Outside - I never expected this to reach the countdown for some reason, but it just stayed in the 20's for most of it's tenure. I'm not sure if I Need Your Love is better than this or not, but this song has an infectious beat and great supporting vocals from Ellie Goulding.

31. Natalie La Rose/Jeremih - Somebody - This is a nice tune. I think Around The World was a tad better though. Fetty Wap was okay in Around The World but not great. Unfortunately, Around The World never made it to Hits 1 and never really became a hit. This song did though and Natalie La Rose may be a one hit wonder. Jeremih had a nice place in this song and it is a good one to dance too.

30. Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband - Two words. Old school. This song has an old school vibe to it, but Meghan's vocals are on point in this song and it is her best. I'm glad it made it to the countdown because her former hit All About That Bass was really bland. Lips Are Movin' was okay. Meghan just hit the bullseye on this one.

29. Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now - Zedd never disappoints. This song had great beats in it and had great supporting vocals from Jon Bellion. This song didn't do good on the countdown, leaving after just a few short weeks, but it still is a good song.

28. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again - This song was one of my favorites when it came out, but because of overplay and overpopularity, it faded on me, it is still a good song and Charlie Puth provides excellent vocals along with Wiz Khalifa who provides excellent rap verses. This song is a beautiful tribute to Paul Walker.

27. Iggy Azalea/MO - Beg For It - I think this was quite frankly the single that got MO recognized and she provides excellent vocals to fit with Iggy's okay rapping in this song. I definitely had this song on replay at points.

26. Shawn Mendes - Stitches - This song is old now, but really good back when it debuted. I never thought Shawn Mendes would be recognized much, but I am glad he did. This song was on repeat for me sometimes.

25. Ryn Weaver - Octahate - You know what I'm talking about Leah when I say that this was an extremely odd type of song, but super interesting and catchy at the same time. I really wish this song was recognized to live up to it's full potential. It didn't, but it was a really great song.

24. Fifth Harmony - Worth It - This song was so catchy I couldn't even stop singing it at one point. Fifth Harmony have killer vocals and they never disappoint with them. This song is slowly fading on me, but I know that I liked it at some point in time and that is all that really matters.

23. Tori Kelly - Nobody Love - I love how Tori Kelly hits the high notes like she doesn't even try. The high note in the middle to end of the song really makes me love the song even more. This was Tori's breakout hit. I thought she was going to be one hit wonder but Should've Been Us came along and then Hollow which is blowing up at the moment.

22. Daya - Hide Away - This song was too good not to rank on this year's list. Daya is probably going to be a one hit wonder, but she really did a great job in this song. I feel like it should be getting old to me already, but it's not.

21. Bea Miller - Young Blood - I like how Bea Miller really represnets how young people have a place in this world. Her vocals are so good in this song I can't even explain it. This song did terrible on the countdown but I really thought it deserved more and should've been recognized.

20. Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You - This song is so repetitive but yet so hauntingly catchy. The beat keeps getting stuck in your head. This song is really good. It kind of was low on the charts for a while and was kind of average to most but I thought is was really good for a comeback single from Carly Rae Jepsen.

19. Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us - Again this girl can hit the high notes and this song has exceptional vocals. This girl can really sing and she's just starting her career.

18. Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - I love Taylor Swift's transition to pop, but she was an outstanding country singer as well. Get ready because this song is the first of five Taylor Swift songs in the top 20, four of which are in the top 10, and three of which are in the top 5. Yes, I know I have a problem. Taylor Swift does a phenomenal job in this song and I love dancing to it.

17. Fifth Harmony - Sledgehammer - These girls have amazing voices. This song is so good and had good popularity, which for some reason was unexpected in my opinion. This song has such an infectious chorus.

16. Charli XCX - Break The Rules - This song is so catchy. Charli XCX has great vocals in the song and I had this song on repeat at some points in time.

15. Zedd/Selena Gomez - I Want You To Know - This song is another good song from Zedd. Like I said, Zedd never disappoints and Selena Gomez was a great choice for vocals on this track.

14. Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself - This song is really good. Hailee Steinfeld started her singing career with this song, and it was a good choice.

13. Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi - I Need Your Love - I love the chorus to this song. I am so glad that this song hit the countdown or else I would have never fallen in love with it.

12. James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence - I love the Hunger Games, it's a little creepy at times, though and this song demonstrates the creepy vibe of the movies. Jennifer Lawrence actually has a great voice.

11. Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young - This is what I like to hear from Nicki Minaj. This song has a little less of a rap vibe to it and I like her pop kind of songs.

10. Ariana Grande - One Last Time - Ariana Grande has a great voice. This song did pretty good around the world and on this countdown. I think Ariana had a great voice on this track even though it was a bit repetitive.

9. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Bebe Rexha/Afrojack - Hey Mama - I think it was a great idea that David Guetta enlisted these three people to help him on this track because it turned out really good. It did pretty good around the world and on this countdown.

8. Ariana Grande - Focus - This song was not going to be ranked, but since it left the countdown last weekend, it had to be. I love this song so much. This was a pretty good comeback from Ariana after we hadn't heard new music from her for over a year.

7. Taylor Swift - Style - This song is so good. I love Taylor Swift's new pop songs. They are so phenomenal. I really think she made a good decision trying pop out.

6. Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do - This song is amazing and one of Ellie Goulding's best songs. She also has a great voice and it it sgood that it got heard.

5. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer - This song has a killer electric guitar solo. This song is a great summer song, hence the title Cool For The Summer. I think Demi did a great job on it.

4. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams - I heard that Taylor Swift is taking a hiatus. That makes me sad because her music is really good. This song is so good. The chorus is still amazing and exceptional. I still love it.

3. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood - You know how much I like this one. This was such a blow up for a song. This song has killer vocals from Taylor Swift. I loved all the attention it got. 

2. Taylor Swift - Blank Space - This song was amazing. This song just really wows me. Taylor has great vocals, and obviously doesn't handle breakups well, hence the music video for this song.

1. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd - Love Me Harder - I know you guys might hate me for this, but Ariana Grande and The Weeknd make a great musical duo. This song has outstanding vocals and didn't do too well on this countdown compared to its worldwide success. I think the chorus is so catchy. My dad normally hates Ariana Grande but loved this song from her and I don't know why. This song is so good and one of Ariana Grande's best.



























There it is. The top 45 songs of 2015 based on my opinion.

Bye!

~Jack :)

6 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...