Sunday, June 23, 2019

Jonas Brothers (13) - Week Of June 22, 2019













Ah, the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown...what a great place. Well, except for when the Jonas Brothers completely take it over. I mean, seriously. They now have the longest-running #1 song in the countdown's history...and now have the two highest-debuting songs in the countdown's history. I guess they are just really, really special to Hits 1--even though they are no better than the last boy band. Anyways, we'll get down to that momentarily. Before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here are the songs that we are saying goodbye to this week.
  • BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#37)
  • Dan + Shay - Tequila (#45)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker

The Countdown
45. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#42)
44. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#43)
43. Jordan McGraw - Flexible (#43)
42. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#40)
41. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#32)
40. Post Malone - Wow. (#39)
39. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#41)
38. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#21) [2 Weeks At #1]
37. Bazzi - Paradise (#33)
36. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#34)
35. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku - So Close (#38)
34. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#24) [8 Weeks At #1]
33. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You (DEBUT)
32. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#28)
31. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#31) [7 Weeks At #1]
30. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#30)
29. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#29)
28. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me (#36)
27. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#27)
26. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#17)
25. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#20)
24. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#19)
23. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#18)
22. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (#22)
21. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#9)
20. Ava Max - So Am I (#25)
19. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#13)
18. Khalid - Talk (#23)
17. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#16)
16. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#14)
15. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#26)
14. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#35)
13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#11)
12. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#12)
11. Jonas Brothers - Cool (DEBUT)
10. Halsey - Without Me (#10) [5 Weeks At #1]
9. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#5)
8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#8)
7. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#7) [3 Weeks At #1]
6. Halsey - Nightmare (#6)
5. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#15)
4. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#4)
3. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#3)
2. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - Me! (#2)
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [13th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (-17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (+21)

Spotlight Of The Week: Jon Bellion - Crop Circles
 
New Entrants

~ The first of two debuts this weeks comes from Kaskade and Meghan Trainor. The song is called With You. Like I said in the last post, I am not a fan of this song. I find Meghan Trainor's underwhelming as usual, and Kaskade doesn't do a whole lot with the production appeal. I would say that this track is pretty disappointing, but I almost expect nothing better than disappointing from Meghan Trainor at this point.

~ Second this week is Cool from the Jonas Brothers--debuting at #11, making it the second-highest countdown debut in history. I could understand why Sucker debuted so high on the countdown, but this song is nowhere near as popular. Sure, it has been gaining a little bit of traction in recent weeks, but its overall success is pretty minimal when you compare it to its predecessor. Regarding the track, the vocals are alright, but nothing special and the production isn't the greatest. Lyrically, I suppose it is alright--but in the end this song is no real cause for celebration. It's just simply alright.

Entrant Rankings:
  1. Jonas Brothers - Cool
  2. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You

 
Hit-Bound
  • Lizzo - Truth Hurts
  • AJR - 100 Bad Days
  • Kygo & Rita Ora - Carry On
  • Asher Angel - One Thought Away
  • P!nk - Hustle
  • Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
  • Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita (DEBUT)
  • The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
  • Push Baby - Mama's House
  • Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
  • Public - Make You Mine
  • Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
  • Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
  • OneRepublic - Rescue Me
  • In Real Life - Crazy AF
~ The sole debut to Hit-Bound this week comes from Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello. They bring their superb new single, Señorita. Both of them exhibit outstanding vocals that contribute to the overall steaminess of the song. The beat and vocals also make the song infectiously catchy. I love the Latin vibes that they were going for here, and overall is a step up from their last song together--I Know What You Did Last Summer. This one has been stuck in my head since Friday, and I am hoping it is able to debut next week.

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Señorita
2. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
3. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
4. Push Baby - Mama's House
5. The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine


Blurb You

~ Well, the Jonas Brothers now have the longest-running #1 song in countdown history, marking the 13th consecutive week atop the countdown for Sucker. I'm not necessarily angry about it, but I am a bit confused as to why this song has gotten so much excessive attention here, when it is nothing special. Sure it is a good song, but it's nothing special. I don't know, hopefully this marks its final week atop the chart.

~ Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber make a big leap into the top 10, and the top 5, with I Don't Care. I don't mind this, especially considering that this song has been growing on me a bit in the past week or so.

~ I have no idea how Thinkin Bout You managed to jump that much, and out of the blue. I have a similar reaction to that leap by Someone You Loved. How do two songs that are played a below average number of times per week just suddenly jump 10-25 spots? I don't know, I suppose it's just another example of how the countdown is an enigma.

~ Imagine Dragons suffered a pretty big fall when Bad Liar went down 12 spots this week--kicking it out of both the top 10 and the top 20. I honestly don't care what this song does as of now. Up to this point, I find it kind of "meh".

~ Well, High Hopes is finally starting to inch closer to the bottom of the countdown. I didn't think this was ever going to happen. Now, it would be better if Hey Look Ma, I Made It and Dancing's Not A Crime started doing the same. Especially the latter.

~ Just as I had expected, Bazzi takes a second week fall instead of a jump with Paradise. Unfortunately, I can't see this one jumping above the #30 mark.

~ Marshmello and Bastille finally took a tumble with the infamous Happier. Hopefully this marks a bit of a decrease in the frequency we hear this song on this station and others. I would like to get back to liking this song--and not changing the station every time I hear it on the radio.

~ As far as the exits go, good riddance to both Boy With Luv and Tequila. I am especially thankful that the latter is finally gone.

~ Personal Chart (6/22/2019): http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/hot-45-chart-110


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road

1-Bad
19. Dan + Shay - Speechless
18. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
17. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
16. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
15. Halsey - Without Me
14. Ava Max - So Am I
13. Khalid - Talk 

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
12. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You

4-Good
11. Jonas Brothers - Cool
10. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
9. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved 

5-Great
8. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
7. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
6. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
3. Halsey - Nightmare
2. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - Me!
1. Katy Perry - Never Really Over

Score: 62% (D-)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
2. Dan + Shay - Speechless
3. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
4. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
5. Kaskade & Meghan Trainor - With You

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
2. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - Me!
3. Halsey - Nightmare
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

Have a great week! There is another post coming your way in a few days! Thank you for reading!

~ Jack :) 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...