Monday, June 3, 2019

Jonas Brothers (10) - Week Of June 1, 2019













Hey you all! I am hoping your week was great! I don't have anything to say, so let's get right into it! Here are the songs that are leaving this week.
  • Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#42)
  • Ally Brooke - Low Key (#44)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker

The Countdown
45. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#45)
44. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#38)
43. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#43)
42. Khalid - Better (#34)
41. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#40)
40. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#41)
39. Post Malone - Wow. (#31)
38. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love (#36)
37. Jordan McGraw - Flexible (#39)
36. Jennifer Lopez & French Montana - Medicine (#29)
35. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#37)
34. SZA, The Weeknd, & Travis Scott - Power Is Power (DEBUT)
33. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#30)
32. Lizzo - Juice (#22)
31. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#33)
30. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts/Georgia Ku - So Close (#20)
29. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#23)
28. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#28)
27. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#28)
26. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#24)
25. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#35)
24. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#19)
23. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#25)
22. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#32)
21. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#21)
20. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#12) [7 Weeks At #1]
19. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (DEBUT)
18. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#27)
17. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#16) [8 Weeks At #1]
16. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#15)
15. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#13)
14. Halsey - Nightmare (#14)
13. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#18) [2 Weeks At #1]
12. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#26)
11. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#7)
10. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#11)
9. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#4)
8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#6)
7. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#10)
6. Halsey - Without Me (#2) [5 Weeks At #1]
5. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#5) [3 Weeks At #1]
4. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#8)
3. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#6)
2. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - Me! (#3)
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [10th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (-11)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (+14)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Gabbie Hanna - Butterflies (!!!)

New Entrants

~ New to the countdown this week is Power Is Power from SZA, The Weeknd, and Travis Scott. This is a very good song in my opinion. The production is fantastic here, and all three artists on the track deliver outstanding performances. SZA sounds amazing as always, The Weeknd doesn't disappoint as expected, and Travis Scott surprisigly delivers a nice verse. While I'm not a Game of Thrones fan in the slightest, I'm sure this was an excellent addition to the soundtrack. I'm hoping this stays for a while.

~ Wow, songs just keep on debuting in the top 20. This is the fifth week in a row now. At least they have all been deserving of such (as far as I remember). 5 Seconds Of Summer debut at #19 with Easier this week. While this song doesn't top Youngblood, I think it is very good. Their voices sound good as usual, and the production was as expected. I especially love that part that leads into the final chorus. The vocal harmony is so beautiful there. I feel as if they took a different approach with this one, and I appreciate that and like this song.

Entrant Rankings:
  1. SZA, The Weeknd, & Travis Scott - Power Is Power
  2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier

Hit-Bound 
  • Khalid - Talk
  • Katy Perry - Never Really Over (DEBUT)
  • Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
  • Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me (DEBUT)
  • Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
  • The Chainsmokers & Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (DEBUT)
  • P!nk - Hustle
  • Bazzi - Paradise
  • Push Baby - Mama's House
  • In Real Life - Crazy AF
  • Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days
  • Kygo & Rita Ora - Carry On
~ The first song new to Hit-Bound this week comes from none other than Katy Perry with her new single Never Really Over. Right off the bat I can tell you her new album is going to be one hundred times better than Witness. This song is better than any song that was on that mediocre excuse of an album. Her voice her shines and I love the production. This track is quite reminiscent of her older styles with her music, and I like it.

~ I don't really have an opinion on Cross Me at the moment.

~ Finally, we have The Chainsmokers replacing Kills You Slowly with Call You Mine. This track features the vocals of Bebe Rexha. She sounds nice here. Nothing amazing, but nice. The only complaint that I have about this song is the drop, it is extremely underwhelming, and the production almost fits with it in that category. 

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
2. Push Baby - Mama's House
3. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days
4. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
5. Bazzi - Paradise


Power Is Blurbs 
 
~ This week, the Jonas Brothers managed to snatch a tenth week atop the countdown with Sucker. I am hoping this will mark its last week there, considering we have much more #1 potential in the top 10. Take Me! or If I Can't Have You for instance.

~ Radio has finally done it. I am completely sick of Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho. This song has become incredibly unbearable.

~ I don't know what prompted that jump from I'm So Tired..., but I'm not complaining. This song is still good in my opinion, and the top 20 score could use a boost.

~ Speaking of jumps into the top 20 that seem strange, we now have Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored back up in the ranks. This was unnecessary. Radio is about to kill this song for me too.

~ I am glad that Old Town Road is starting to drop. I don't know why this song is so popular to the point that it needs to be the #1 song in this country for weeks on end. Lil Nas X doesn't have an ounce of talent, and this song is incredibly stupid. I don't understand why Americans support this kind of music so incessantly.

~ I don't understand why songs like Medicine and Out Of Love aren't doing okay here when they are everywhere else. More so the latter. This is kind of disappointing to see two great songs going to waste.

~ Irrelevant songs like When The Party's Over, Better, and 7 Rings need to make their way out and allow room for better songs to take their place. These songs are incredibly bland and tasteless, especially the latter two.

~ As far as the exits go, good riddance to Low Key, and it is sad to see Last Hurrah leave--considering it was one of Bebe Rexha's stronger tracks.

~ Personal Chart (6/01/2019): http://crownnote.com/charts/jack-farrell/hot-45-chart-107


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
19. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
18. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
17. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
16. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It 

2-Mediocre
15. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
14. Halsey - Without Me 

3-Decent
13. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4-Good
12. Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
11. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
10. Jonas Brothers - Sucker 

5-Great
9. Lauv & Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...
8. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. P!nk - Walk Me Home
6. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
5. The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Halsey - Nightmare
3. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
1. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - Me!

Score: 69% (D+) 


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
2. Dan + Shay - Tequila
3. Dan + Shay - Speechless
4. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
5. Lizzo - Juice

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - Me!
2. SZA, The Weeknd, & Travis Scott - Power Is Power
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
4. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
5. Alessia Cara - Out Of Love

Thanks for reading! Have a great week!

~ Jack :)   

3 comments:

  1. First.

    And by the way I love your new post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting sick of Sucker being number 1 for so long, it's dawned on me the Wutchuwant crew will never stop voting for them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully this week was its last.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...