Monday, August 13, 2018

Panic! At The Disco (1) - Week Of August 11, 2018

Hey you all! I recently went to a concert at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. I went to see Taylor Swift with Camila Cabello and Charli XCX. It was a great concert and one of the best experiences I have ever had. The three of them put on an excellent performance without a doubt. Anyways, I have not done a countdown review in a while, so I thought that I would treat you to one of those. Before we get to this week's fresh 45, here's the lone song that is leaving us this week.
  • Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#42)

Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Delicate (3)
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Imagine Dragons - Believer (3)


The Countdown
45. Liam Payne - Familiar (#45)
44. Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit (#33)
43. Bazzi - Mine (#43)
42. Suagrland/Taylor Swift - Babe (#44)
41. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#38)
40. Halsey - Alone (#27)
39. Drake - In My Feelings (#37)
38. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (DEBUT)
37. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#40)
36. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#36) [1 Week At #1]
35. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#35) [1 Week At #1]
34. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#25)
33. The Wrecks - James Dean (#30)
32. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (#21)
31. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#41)
30. Madison Beer - Home With You (#29)
29. lovelytheband - Broken (#28)
28. U2 & Cheat Codes - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way (#34)
27. Maroon 5 - Wait (#26)
26. MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (#39)
25. The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#32)
24. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (#14)
23. PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You (#31)
22. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains (#23)
21. Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#24) [1 Week At #1]
20. Post Malone - Better Now (#15)
19. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#22)
18. Cardi B - I Like It (#19)
17. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#20)
16. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#17)
15. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#18) [2 Weeks At #1]
14. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#12)
13. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#16)
12. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS (#5)
11. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#9)
10. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#8)
9. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#11) [1 Week At #1]
8. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#10)
7. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#13)
6. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#7)
5. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) [#6] {4 Weeks At #1}
4. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle (#3) [9 Weeks At #1]
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#4)
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#1) [3 Weeks At #1]
1. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Halsey - Alone (-13)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour (+13)


New Entrants

~ Our lone new entrant this week comes from The Chainsmokers and Emily Warren. They have partnered up for songs before, such as Paris from their most recent album Memories...Do Not Open, which was one of my favorite songs from last year. Side Effects is easily one of the best songs that they have ever released, besides Closer, of course. Their songs that they have released this year, besides this one, have been good, but nothing that lasts for a while on me. Drew Taggart's voice was getting a bit old to listen to on every track this year, so it was nice to see Emily Warren handle the vocals on this one. My favorite part of this track is the production, with all of its groove and awkwardness. It just sounds real good. It is not their best work, but it is definitely their best single that they have released out of the five this year. I hope to see it do well here.


HitBound
  • Noah Cyrus & MAX - Team
  • Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir
  • Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
  • Zedd & Elley DuhĂ© - Happy Now
  • Justin Timberlake - SoulMate
  • DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper/Quavo - No Brainer
  • Years & Years - If You're Over Me
  • Brown & Gray - Top Down
  • Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (DEBUT)
  • Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love (DEBUT)
  • Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
  • NF - Lie (DEBUT)
  • Weezer - Africa
  • Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
  • AJR - Burn The House Down (DEBUT)
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiul
2. Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
3. Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
4. Years & Years - If You're Over Me
5. AJR - Burn The House Down


Side Blurbs

~ Although I would prefer Delicate at #1, I am glad to see that High Hopes is here, because it is also quite a good track. I don't mind this being at the top of the countdown, as long as it doesn't over-do it. A few weeks would be good in my opinion for this one. I have been enjoying this song more lately, and I'm glad to see it has success here.

~ I'm glad to see that The Last Of The Real Ones has clawed its way into the top 10. This track is the only one that really clicked with me from their latest album. I hope to see it continue to do well. It is definitely not bad by any means.

~ FRIENDS is now out of the top 10, which I am okay with, it's not a really great song in my opinion anymore. It's just there. So, really I don't care what it does going forward.

~ I guess Khalid & Normani - Love Lies is making up for all of its lost time not being on the countdown. It has risen pretty quickly in the last few weeks it has been here. I think that it is in a good spot for a little bit better of success now.

~ Hits 1 seems to be enjoying PRETTYMUCH - Summer On You a lot, considering its success and how much they play it. It's success here probably has to do with the fact that Ed Sheeran wrote it and Hits 1 of course, loves Ed. Also, this band's last single had underwhelm

ing success here. So, that's just a thought. Anyways, this song is just "good" at the moment, there's nothing much that stands out to me about it. I really just don't mind how it does.

~ Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry is losing its steam here, which is not good in my opinion. This is one of my favorites here. Maybe the release of Sweetener this Friday will boost this a bit.

~ I wish lovelytheband - Broken would have had a jump this week. Hopefully it can recover, because it's just staying in the same area. I would like to at least see this song jump into the teens if possible. I just really enjoy this one. The production and vocals on this one are just so infectiously good.

~ Along the same line of Broken, I would like to see Home With You have a bit more success than what it has been receiving. I thoroughly enjoy this song too, in every aspect. 

~ I am so so so so so glad to see that Never Be The Same is still holding on here. I still absolutely love this song, and it will never get old. Hopefully, we can still get quite a few weeks out of it.

~ I'm not too fond of Drake - In My Feelings, so I am totally okay with it's small drop this week, instead of a rise in the ranks. I really just don't understand all the hype on this song. It's just boring.

~ Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit is already on its way out? This can't be. It is one of the better tracks on this countdown at the moment. Hopefully we can see a recovery. Fingers crossed it does not exit next week.

~ As for our exit, Tell Me You Love Me's departure was very saddening this week. I still like this song very much, and will still listen to it after this exit. Also, I am glad to see Demi slowly recovering from her incident. I wish her the best during the remaining time it takes her to recover.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
20. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes

3-Decent
19. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
18. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle

4-Good
17. Niall Horan - On The Loose
16. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS
15. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know

5-Great
14. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
13. Fall Out Boys - The Last Of The Real Ones
12. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
11. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies
10. Cardi B - I Like It
9. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
8. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
7. Selena Gomez - Back To You
6. Imagine Dragons - Natural
5. Post Malone - Better Now
4. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
2. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss
1. Taylor Swift - Delicate

Score: 90% (A-)


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right
2. Drake - In My Feelings
3. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
4. Maroon 5 - Wait
5. Walk The Moon - One Foot

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate
3. Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry
4. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects
5. lovelytheband - Broken

My #1 Recommendation Of The Week: Bryce Vine - Drew Barrymore

Have a good week and thank you for reading!

More on the way!

~ Jack :)

15 comments:

  1. *sees Burn The House Down in green* Yes!

    And that recommendation is excellent is well. đź‘Ť

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Burth The House Down is a really catchy song, right?!?! I thought no one else seemed to really care for it until now.

      And yes. I have been loving that recommendation as well. Of course why I recommended it lol. It is a really odd, yet chill song.

      Thanks for reading, Dylan! :)

      Delete
    2. I disagree on both on those songs lol

      Delete
    3. I had thought there was some of you that would lol.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I’ve been a fan of Ariana for a while now, and I’m definitely looking forward to Sweetener. If the promo singles are anything to go by, it’s gonna be really good. Or at least I hope it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty excited to hear her new material. The Light Is Coming was a tad underwhelming, but God Is A Woman and No Tears Left To Cry we’re very good so I’m excited to see what’s in store.

      Thank you for reading!!! :)

      Delete
    2. I love The Light Is Coming just because it’s so catchy and upbeat. But I can see how some people might not like it as much.

      Delete
    3. The main part that I don’t like about it is the repetitive sample in the background of the man shouting. That’s really the only part that annoys me about it because it occurs through the whole song. But everything else I do like.

      Delete
    4. Yeah I honestly don’t mind that.

      Delete
    5. I didn’t the first few times, but after a while it just got a little old. Anyways, I am so ready for the album and what it has in store!

      Delete
  3. Lol you're lucky reviewing a chart with no garbage or bad songs. When people like 6ix9ine exist then that isn't possible. :( Great post! Although High Hopes >>> Delicate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely not a fan of 6ix9ine either. Also, the countdown has been the best it has ever been in my opinion. They just haven’t been playing awful stuff lately. So, this year hasn’t been too bad for music.

      Thank you for reading Matthew! I enjoy reading your stuff too! :))

      Delete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...