Monday, October 16, 2017

Ed Sheeran (1) - Week Of October 14, 2017

rs-ed-sheeran-84baaed3-2418-4c63-913f-57c8429ce4aa.jpg (1200×630)
Welcome back you wonderful people who view my blog! I did indeed go to homecoming the other night with some of my great friends, so more info on that will be down below. I did also post yet another Hot 45 Chart today, so please please please be checking them out! I am averaging sadly about 45 views per post on those, whereas here the numbers are in the hundreds, and in some cases thousands. I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time on that, so please go check it out here. Before we get to this week's countdown, here's our lone exit this week.
  • Hey Violet - Hoodie (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: Liam Payne - Strip That Down
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

The Countdown
45. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#43)
44. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#42)
43. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#41)
42. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#44) [1 Week At #1]
41. Charlie Puth - Attention (#28)
40. The All-American Rejects - Sweat (#25)
39. Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low (#36)
38. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#40)
37. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts (#39)
36. Justin Bieber/BloodPop - Friends (#33)
35. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#30)
34. Selena Gomez - Fetish (#31)
33. The Script - Rain (#32)
32. Sabrina Carpenter - Why (#35)
31. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#37) [9 Weeks At #1]
30. Charlie Puth - How Long (DEBUT)
29. Linkin Park - One More Light (#29)
28. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#27) [4 Weeks At #1]
27. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (#21)
26. Camila Cabello - Havana (#23)
25. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#24)
24. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia/watt - Let Me Go (#38)
23. Luis Fons & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#22)
22. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#17)
21. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#26) [3 Weeks At #1]
20. Kesha - Praying (#14)
19. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#18)
18. Sam Smith - Body Like A Back Road (#28)
17. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (#20)
16. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#19)
15. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#11) [3 Weeks At #1]
14. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#8)
13. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#16)
12. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#12)
11. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#9)
10. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#13) [3 Weeks At #1]
9. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
8. Halsey - Bad At Love (#15)
7. P!nk - What About Us (#7)
6. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place (#6)
5. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#3) [3 Weeks At #1]
4. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#10)
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#4)
2. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
1. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: The All-American Rejects - Sweat (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (+14)

Recommendation Of The Week: Daya - New

New Entrants

~ Our sole new entrant comes from Charlie Puth, with a song that has a lot to live up to after his huge hit Attention. The track is called How Long. The vocals are about as equally as good as it's predecessor and I really enjoy the beat. The two songs are very similar in terms of them both being about failing relationships. This time around, though, Puth expresses himself as the scorned lover, rather than the other way around, which is a very interesting take. When all is said and done, this is a pretty solid track and is definitely on my playlist of my favorite songs at the moment. I hope to see it have some decent success here. 

HitBound

  • Why Don't We - Something Different
  • Bruno Mars - Chunky (DEBUT)
  • Evaride - Heartless
  • Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
  • PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
  • Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be
  • Ed Sheeran - Perfect
  • Nick Jonas - Find You
  • Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
  • Dua Lipa - New Rules
  • X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
  • ZAYN/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
  • Lauv - I Like Me Better
  • Fergie/Nicki Minaj - You Already Know
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. ZAYN/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
2. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
3. Lauv - I Like Me Better
4. PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
5. Nick Jonas - Find You


Blurb Long

~ Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl is one of those songs that Hits 1 randomly brings to the #1 spot. This song is barely popular in other areas, so it's just one of those weird occurrences where a underrated song makes way to the top. I don't mind though, at least it's a good song.

~ Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry recovered gracefully after that fall to the edge of the top 10 last week. It's a good thing to see it back in the top 5.

~ We have a new addition to the top 10! The very worthy Halsey - Bad At Love made a jump to #8 this week. I am very glad to see some good success out of this track. 

~ The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This is still oddly being voted for so much that it remains in the area of the top third of the countdown. I really don't think it's necessary for this one to stick around much longer. It's becoming quite old.

~ Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still needs to hop right back into the top 10. That is a command, not a wish.

~ Also, on note of songs that I command make their way back into the top 10, Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do needs to do so also. There is absolutely no reason why this song shouldn't be there right now.

~ Imagine Dragons - Believer seems to be slowly dropping. Hopefully we can see this one out of the top 20 very soon here.

~ Sam Smith - Body Like A Back Road needs to turn around and drive in the other direction. See what I did there? No? No, okay. Seriously, we don't need more bad songs clogging up the top 20 here.

~ Kesha - Praying had no reason to drop this week. Hopefully this does not mean excessive dropping from this song in the near future.

~ I really do not want to see Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? to be a flop, so I would appreciate it if this song was voted back in the other direction.

~ We had a very worthy biggest jump this week from Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go. I am glad to see a great track like this doing very well here so early on.

~ Camila Cabello - Havana made a second week drop. Hopefully we are not looking at a flop here. So, again, you people need to vote this back in the other direction.

~ At least Sabrina Carpenter - Why is not flopping. I am glad it's at least hitting new peaks every week, even if the jumps may be very small.

~ The Script - Rain made a not so promising small drop this week. I don't know what will happen with this one.

~ I told you people Selena Gomez - Fetish was destined for disaster after that very tiny drop last week, and now we see a slightly bigger drop. I'm telling you people, it's going to keep going down.

~ Sadly, Charlie Puth - Attention made a rather large drop this week. I'm sad to see this one go.

~ This is most likely going to be the last week for Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You. Oh well, it was becoming an "okay" song anyways.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
20. Sam Smith - Body Like A Back Road
19. Imagine Dragons - Believer

1-Bad
NONE

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
18. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
17. Niall Horan - Slow Hands
16. Liam Payne - Strip That Down

4-Good
15. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious

5-Great
14. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
13. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
12. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
11. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
10. P!nk - What About Us
9. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
8. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
7. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place
6. Kesha - Praying
5. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
4. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
3. Halsey - Bad At Love
2. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Score: 83% (B)


Homecoming Dance

~ Saturday was my school's homecoming dance. I did not go last year as a freshman, so I did decide to go this year, as a sophomore. The theme this year was Under The Sea, which isn't the best theme, in mine and most of my school's opinions. Nevertheless, it was a fun night. I hung out with some great friends. While there was some drama within my group regarding me and a person outside the group, I ignored the other person and allowed myself to have a fun night. We had a new deejay this year and the music played was definitely not the best selection. He played pretty much all of the requests, when some of them were not really fit for a dance. Anyways, here's the songs that were played that I remember:
  • Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
  • Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side
  • Baauer - Harlem Shake
  • Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
  • Blake Shelton - God Gave Me You
  • Bobby "Boris" Pickett/Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash
  • Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
  • Cupid - Cupid Shuffle
  • DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide
  • Fergie - Fergalicious
  • Flo Rida/T-Pain - Low
  • Florida Georgia Line - Cruise
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Zedd/Grey - Starving
  • High School Musical Cast - We're All In This Together
  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • J Balvin & Willy William/BeyoncĂ© - Mi Gente
  • Kris Kross - Jump
  • Lee Brice - I Don't Dance
  • Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
  • Los Del Rio - Macarena
  • Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
  • Luke Bryan - Country Girl (Shake It For Me)
  • Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
  • Michael Jackson - Thriller
  • Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
  • Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies
  • Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
  • Sam Smith - Stay With Me
  • Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
  • The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
  • Village People - Y.M.C.A.
  • + some more I can't think of off the top of my head
My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
2. Sam Smith - Body Like A Back Road
3. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
4. Imagine Dragons - Believer
5. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still 
4. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
5. Halsey - Bad At Love

Love ya guys!

~ Jack :)




16 comments:

  1. Now that I have captured your attention
    I wanna steal you for a rhythm and affection
    Mr. T said I’m ready for inspection
    Show me how you make your first impression
    Oh! Oh! Can we take this in
    Slow! Slow!
    Break it down and drop it
    Low! Low!
    'Cause I just want to party all night in the neon lights 'til you can let me go!
    I just wanna feel your body right next to mine
    All night long, baby slow down the song
    And when it’s coming closer to the end hit rewind
    All night long, baby slow down the
    Song blow blow
    Yeah! Baby slow down the
    Song blow blow
    Yeah! Baby slow down the song
    If you want me I'm accepting applications
    So long that we can keep this record on rotation
    You know I'm good at mouth to mouth resuscitation
    Breath me in breath me out so amazing!
    Oh! Oh! Can we take this
    Slow! Slow!
    Break it down and drop it
    Low! Low!
    'Cause I just want to party all night in the neon lights 'til you can let me go!
    I just wanna feel your body right next to mine
    All night long, baby slow down the song
    And when it’s coming closer to the end hit rewind
    All night long, baby slow down the
    Song blow blow
    Yeah! Baby slow down the
    Song blow blow
    Yeah! baby slow down the song
    (Breath me in, breath me out) The music's got me going (breath me in, breath me out)
    No stopping till the morning (breath me in, breath me out)
    You know I’m ready for it, for it, for it, yeah!
    (Breath me in breath me out) The music's got me going (breath me in, breath me out)
    No stopping till the morning (breath me in, breath me out)
    You know I’m ready for it, for it, for it, yeah!
    (It's the Cataracts)
    (Aah)
    I just wanna feel your body right next to mine
    All night long, baby slow down the song
    And when it’s coming closer to the end hit rewind
    All night long, baby slow down the
    Song blow blow
    Yeah! Baby slow down the
    Song blow blow
    Yeah! Baby slow down the song!
    How do I do it?
    (It's the Cataracts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing (10/10)
    Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (1.5/10)
    Baauer - Harlem Shake (0.5/10)
    Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life (10/10)
    Blake Shelton - God Gave Me You (5/10)
    Bobby "Boris" Pickett/Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash (5/10)
    Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer (10/10)
    Cupid - Cupid Shuffle (9/10)
    DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide (9.5/10)
    Fergie - Fergalicious (2/10)
    Flo Rida/T-Pain - Low (9/10)
    Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (1.5/10)
    Hailee Steinfeld & Zedd/Grey - Starving (2/10)
    High School Musical Cast - We're All In This Together (4/10)
    Imagine Dragons - Thunder (9/10)
    J Balvin & Willy William/Beyoncé - Mi Gente (1/10)
    Kris Kross - Jump (9/10)
    Lee Brice - I Don't Dance (5/10)
    Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid- 1-800-273-8255 (5.5/10)
    Los Del Rio - Macarena (10/10)
    Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (3/10)
    Luke Bryan - Country Girl (Shake It For Me) (1/10)
    Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (10/10)
    Michael Jackson - Thriller (10/10)
    Nicki Minaj - Anaconda (1/10)
    Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies (9/10)
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (6.5/10)
    Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe (8.5/10)
    Sam Smith - Stay With Me (9/10)
    Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (9.5/10)
    The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (10/10)
    Village People - Y.M.C.A. (10/10)

    Jeez Jack, no respect for some of these classics. I've Had The Time Of My Life is a classic slow dance and Livin' On A Prayer is the bets hair metal song of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also find it very ironic that they would play 1-800 at a homecoming dance.

      Delete
    2. I find I've Had The Time Of My Life just uninteresting. Some of the others, I like, just they aren't really at the top of my list.

      Delete
  3. There was a lot of questionable song choice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard Gelography say that he heard about a new Liam Payne single call Bedroom Floor maybe coming out. I honestly have a good feeling about this one.

    Galway Girl is good, but I would much rather have Thunder or maybe even Feel It Still.

    I heard there was 4 new songs on the voting list. That means there are at least 4 exits next week which really excite me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dylan:

      1) Haven't heard anything yet, but I'll be on the lookout.

      2) I would love to see Feel It Still at #1, but I don't think that's going to happen, if I'm being honest.

      3) There was indeed three exits this week, but there may have been a dropoff from HitBound.

      Delete
    2. @Jack:

      I heard Bedroom Floor on Hits 1 and there is a lyric video out.

      It might have been Would You Mind. If it was, then that sucks. It should have gotten more respect but, it is what it is.

      Delete
  5. Why does it appear that http://sxmhits1.blogspot.com and http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdown.blogspot.com is written by the same person each time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My new countdown post is out:

    http://siriusxmhits1review.blogspot.com/2017/10/ed-sheeran-2-week-of-october-21-2017.html

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...