Sunday, September 17, 2017

Shawn Mendes (5) - Week Of September 9, 2017

shawn-mendes.jpg (876×493)
Hey guys! I have had such a busy week, that I never got around to posting this until now. I did indeed find time to catch up on a couple of Hot 45 Charts though. The August 5 and August 12 editions of the chart were recently released. Please, please, please go check them out here. I feel like no one views that blog anymore, so please go check it out! I have a lot of fun making those, and I enjoy sharing them with you. Now, before we get to this week's fresh 45 songs, here's the songs that are leaving us this week.
  • Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (#33)
  • Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#35)
  • Halsey - Now Or Never (#36)
  • Train - Play That Song (#41)
  • Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#44)
  • Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: Niall Horan - Slow Hands
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down

The Countdown
45. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#38) [8 Weeks At #1]
44. Julia Michaels - Issues (#44)
43. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#40)
42. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#37)
41. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#42) [1 Week At #1]
40. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts (DEBUT)
39. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (#22)
38. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#39)
37. Andy Grammer - Give Love (DEBUT)
36. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#28)
35. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (DEBUT)
34. Halsey - Bad At Love (DEBUT)
33. Panic! At The Disco - L.A . Devotee (#29)
32. Justin Bieber/BloodPop- Friends (DEBUT)
31. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#16)
30. Bruno Mars & David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#30)
29. All Time Low - Good Times (#14)
28. AJR - Weak (#27)
27. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#21) [9 Weeks At #1]
26. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#15)
25. The Chainsmokers - Honest (#24)
24. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#11)
23. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (DEBUT)
22. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#32)
21. Hey Violet - Hoodie (#25)
20. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#20)
19. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#31)
18. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#19)
17. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#26)
16. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#34)
15. P!nk - What About Us (#17)
14. Charlie Puth - Attention (#6) [1 Week At #1]
13. Kesha - Praying (#23)
12. Mono Mind/Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place (#18)
11. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#10) [3 Weeks At #1]
10. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#13)
9. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#12)
8. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#8) [3 Weeks At #1]
7. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#7) [4 Weeks At #1]
6. Linkin Park - One More Light (#5)
5. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#9) [3 Weeks At #1]
4. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#1) [1 Week At #1]
3. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#3)
2. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#2)
1. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#4) [5th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (-17)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (+18)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Gabbie Hanna - Out Loud

#1 Recommendation For You: Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do

New Entrants

~ First this week, we have Harry Styles, returning to the countdown with Two Ghosts. I'm not sure it's as good as it's predecessor, Sign Of The Times, but it's a pretty decent track overall. I would say that Harry's music is a lot more laid back and relaxed. I'm not sure this song will be something to stick with me for long, or something that I will remember in a few months, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying it. I don't know how popular it will get here, but we'll have to wait and see on that. 

~ Our next entrant, comes from Andy Grammer with Give Love. I feel as if his music is just progressively getting worse. I absolutely have no interest in this song, and it was much worse when LunchMoney Lewis was part of it. I would like it very much if this song did poorly here. The vocals sound terrible in my opinion and the lyrical content is frankly stupid and generic. "I give love to all of my people, all of my people need love." The song frankly sounds like a seven year old wrote it. I know we have some songs lately that have some choruses that are very "simple", but this has the whole song that way. It's just a very unappealing track, but that's just my opinion.

~ Our third entrant to the countdown this week comes from newcomers Portugal. The Man with their rather catchy single, Feel It Still. I really enjoy the simplicity of this track, unlike others. The vocals are very good, and I enjoy the production on this one. Overall, it's a pretty solid single, and I'm glad it made it here. I hope to see some success out of this song here. 

~ Halsey replaced her song Now Or Never this week, with her new single, Bad At Love. I think this song is a step up from Now Or Never, and honestly I like it a lot, because I can relate. I'm "bad at love", at least I think. Although, things have been looking better for me lately. I digress. This song has pretty good and interesting lyrics, and the vocals are a bit better than her previous track. I 'm not sure how this song will play out here, but I hope to see it do well, I'm enjoying it a lot.

~ Next up this week, we had a return from Justin Bieber, with BloodPop, one of the producers on a very successful track of his. They teamed up to create a new track, titled Friends. The song is pretty much about something we all can relate to, being friends with that one ex after everything ends. The vocals aren't the best I've ever heard from him, but they are nonetheless good. The production is kind of weird, but it's kind of good at the same time. All in all, it's one of the more solid tracks we have now, and I would like to see some decent success out of this one.

~ Finally, we have the return of Maroon 5. They bring a new track titled What Lovers Do, which features new artist, SZA. I will say right off the bat that this song is a lot better than it's two underwhelming predecessors, Don't Wanna Know and Cold. I like the chorus a lot in this song. The falsetto fits very well for it, in my opinion. Also, SZA does a pretty good job herself. I'm not sure if this will get killed by overplay or not, but for now, I like it and I hope it does well, and isn't killed on the stations, because I really like it. 

Best Debut Of The Week: Tie Between Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still and Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do


HitBound
  • The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (RE-ENTRY)
  • Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (DEBUT)
  • PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
  • Why Don't We - Something Different (DEBUT)
  • The All-American Rejects - Sweat
  • Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (DEBUT)
  • Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (DEBUT)
  • Sabrina Carpenter - Why 
  • ZAYN/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (DEBUT)
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (DEBUT)
  • The Script - Rain (DEBUT)
  • Selena Gomez/Galantis - Fetish
  • Evaride - Heartless
  • Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
2. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go
3. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
4. ZAYN/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
5. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Andy Grammer - Give Love
2. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
3. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
4. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
5. Imagine Dragons - Believer

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Kesha - Praying
3. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
4. P!nk - What About Us
5. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still

Stay tuned for more.

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)


3 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...