Sunday, September 10, 2017

Niall Horan (1) - Week Of September 2, 2017

_90529587_niallhoran.jpg (976×549)
Well, I started my first day of Sophomore year on Wednesday. I would have got this post out sooner, but I waited until last minute to do my Algebra 2 summer homework packet. Not to mention, I have already been drowned in AP homework. I am also trying to catch up on Hot 45 Charts, by providing you with a limited edition shortened version. I recently posted the July 29 edition, so please, please, please go check that out here. Now, before we get to this weekend's countdown, here's the songs that we are saying goodbye to.
  • James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go (#27)
  • DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - I'm The One (#41)
  • Hailee Steinfeld & Grey/Zedd - Starving (#42) [4 Weeks At #1]
  • Childish Gambino - Redbone (#43)
Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth - Attention
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Justin Bieber - Can't Stop The Feeling! 

The Chart
45. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar (#40)
44. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On (#45)
43. Julia Michaels - Issues (#44)
42. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#34) [1 Week At #1]
41. Train - Play That Song (#37)
40. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#30)
39. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#38)
38. The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (#39) [8 Weeks At #1]
37. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#27)
36. Halsey - Now Or Never (#32)
35. Shawn Mendes - Mercy (#35)
34. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (DEBUT)
33. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh (#31)
32. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#21)
31. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (DEBUT)
30. Bruno Mars & David Guetta - Versace On The Floor (#18)
29. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#11) 
28. Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#23)
27. AJR - Weak (#26)
26. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#33)
25. Hey Violet - Hoodie (#28)
24. The Chainsmokers - Honest (#25)
23. Kesha - Praying (#20)
22. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels (#16)
21. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#13) [9 Weeks At #1]
20. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#36)
19. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#19)
18. Mono Mind & Bridge And Mountain - Save Me A Place (DEBUT)
17. P!nk - What About Us (#22)
16. Fall Out Boy - Champion (#15)
15. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#24)
14. All Time Low - Good Times (#17)
13. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (DEBUT)
12. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#14)
11. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#12)
10. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#6) [3 Weeks At #1]
9. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#8) [3 Weeks At #1]
8. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#2) [3 Weeks At #1]
7. Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (#10) [4 Weeks At #1]
6. Charlie Puth - Attention (#1) [1 Week At #1]
5. Linkin Park - One More Light (#9)
4. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#3) [4 Weeks At #1]
3. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#4)
2. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#5)
1. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#7) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (-18)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (+16)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me

#1 Recommendation For You: Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?

New Entrants

~ Our first new entrant this week comes from Cheat Codes, teaming up with Demi Lovato on No PromisesHits 1 was definitely a little late with this one. This song was at it's peak at the start-middle of the summer, I'd say. This station picked it up towards the end of summer, which is totally okay with me, because I do still enjoy the song. The vocals are great and the drop is pretty good. There isn't really anything bad that I can say about this song, except that the lyrical content is kind of weird. "Promise me no promises" seems like an oxymoron to me. Nonetheless, it's a catchy tune, and I hope to see it do well here.

~ Our second entrant of the week comes from Ed Sheeran, returning with Galway Girl. I will have to say that I'm not sure whether or not this tops Shape Of You, but it definitely reigns superior to Castle On The Hill. I really enjoy the vibe to this song, and the instrumentals are just really laid back and cool. This is not something we hear everyday on the radio. I'm glad it made it's way here and I hope to see some pretty good success out of it.

~ Next up, we get an interesting top 20 debut from Mono Mind & Bridge And Mountain. The song is Save Me A Place. I have to say that I really do enjoy this song. I think it is quite a weird tune to be played here, but it's just funky and cool. The vocals are electronic like and I just like how the whole song flows in general. I would say this is a lot better than half of the songs we have here right now, so I'd like to see some decent success out of this.

~ Finally, we have Taylor Swift with her infamous return to music with Look What You Made Me Do. This song did indeed tie for the record of the highest debut here, at #13, tying with Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe. Right off the bat here, you all know that I am a hardcore Taylor Swift fan. Always have been, always will, she is my favorite artist. I listen to her songs practically everyday. This song I can say is definitely not her best work, but it is indeed something I can work with of course. Going into this, I was a bit confused as this is a lot different than her normal style of music. The day it was released, I probably highkey listened to this song about fifty times, no joke. I did grow into the lyrical content and vocals very quickly. I have been jamming out to this one for days now, and I'm glad it's here. I expect to see success out of this, because it's Taylor, of course.

Best Debut Of The Week: Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

HitBound
  • The All-American Rejects - Sweat
  • Halsey - Bad At Love
  • Rita Ora - Your Song
  • Selena Gomez & Galantis - Fetish
  • Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
  • Sabrina Carpenter - Why
  • Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low 
  • Andy Grammer - Give Love
  • Evaride - Heartless (DEBUT)
  • Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (DEBUT)
  • Justin Bieber/BloodPop - Friends
  • Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
  • PRETTYMUCH - Would You Mind
My Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Sabrina Carpenter - Why
2. Rira Ora - Your Song
3. Selena Gomez & Galantis - Fetish
4. Justin Bieber/BloodPop - Friends
5. Zedd & Liam Payne - Get Low

*Due to me being extremely late with this post and wanting to get the next post out on time, there will be no other sections this week. :(

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Train - Play That Song
2. Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson - Just Hold On
3. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
5. Shawn Mendes - Mercy

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Kesha - Praying
3. Calvin Harris/Pharrell Williams/Katy Perry - Feels
4. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
5. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises

Love you guys!

~ Jack :)

16 comments:

  1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Kesha - Hymn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Once again, your love for Taylor Swift burns like wildfire, if I do say so myself. You can pretty much say the same for all the female artists given that the majority of their songs end up in either purple or in your Top 5. I too am definitely glad it's here and it's almost certain to be in the Top 5 within the next week or so.

    I'm also with you on your Hits 1 recommendation, although it's a little too early at this point, what with Sorry Not Sorry still gaining steam. But yeah, I'm hoping Tell Me You Love Me becomes the next single soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who remembered the attack 16 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Can't believe it's been 16 years. :(

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I'm not even 16, but my LA teacher told me that she was part of a search and rescue team at 9/11but she couldn't respond because she could get on a plane, for obvious reasons.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. A very sad time. I was not yet born, but months later, I was. Such a sad moment in the country's history. :'(

      Delete
  4. Hi, just a heads up that I'm going away to Homewood Suites Hilton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NF's "Let You Down" is impacting pop radio stations on October 31.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: NF - Let You Down

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...