Saturday, May 28, 2016

Taylor Swift (1) - Week Of May 28, 2016
















Okay. So hey everyone! I'm back with the weekend countdown and if you didn't see the review of the Billboard Music Awards performances, go back and check that out please because I took a long time to do it. Now, here are the two (still good) songs leaving us this week.
  • Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods (#34)
  • Ellie Goulding - Something In The Way You Move (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - Victorious
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again
45. G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I (#43)
44. We The Kings - The Story Of Tonight (#44)

43. Rihanna/Drake - Work (#41)
42. Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You (#42)
41. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses (#36) 
40. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#40)
39. Tryon - Somebody To Love Me (#38)
38. Adele - Hello (#37)
37. One Direction - Perfect (#23)
36. Timeflies - Once In A While (DEBUT)
35. Rachel Platten - Stand By You (#31)
34. The Weeknd - In The Night (#30)
33. Justin Bieber - Sorry (#32)
32. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#26)
31. Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#29)
30. Elle King - America's Sweetheart (#15)
29. Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close (#33)
28. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (DEBUT)
27. Meghan Trainor - No (#20)
26. Grace - You Don't Own Me (#27)
25. The Summer Set - Figure Me Out (#39)
24. Daya - Sit Still, Look Pretty (#25)
23. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself (#14)
22. Jason Derulo - If It Ain't Love (#24)
21. X Ambassadors - Unsteady (#35)
20. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (#18)
19. Zara Larsson/MNEK - Never Forget You (#21)
18. P!nk - Just Like Fire (#22)
17. The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (#19)
16. Twenty One Pilots - Ride (#28)
15. Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself (#12)
14. Lukas Graham - 7 Years (#6)
13. Troye Sivan - Youth (#5)
12. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#3)
11. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home (#9)
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart (#13)
9. Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (#17)
8. James Bay - Let It Go (#11)
7. Flo Rida - My House (#4)
6. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#2)
5. Zayn - Pillowtalk (#8)
4. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#1)
3. One Direction - History (#10)
2. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (#16)
1. Taylor Swift - New Romantics (#7)

Biggest DROP!!! Of The Week: Elle King - America's Sweetheart (-15)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: The Summer Set - Figure Me Out, X Ambassadors - Unsteady, and Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (+14)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Ariana Grande - Into You

#1 Recommendation For You: Ariana Grande - Bad Decisions

Entrants

~ Timeflies - Once In A While is a song that keeps jumping from okay to good in my opinion. I mean, it's catchy at some points in the song and others, not so much. This week, I kind of grew back into it a little, but it's still nothing very special. I honestly wouldn't be upset if it didn't stay long, and I wouldn't be upset if it did, it's just one of those songs.

~ Calvin Harris and Rihanna have returned with another collaboration, This Is What You Came For.  Their last collaboration was We Found Love, which was a phenomenal song and this one didn't seize to disappoint me as well. I know for most of the song it's just Rihanna repeating the words "you" and "ooh", but the EDM production makes Rihanna's vocals sound 100% better, not that they sounded bad in the first place. I hope this has a good countdown tenure. 

Memorial Day Edition Bonus Songs

  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
  • Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
  • Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
  • LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
  • Walk The Moon - Shut Up & Dance
  • One Direction/Zayn - What Makes You Beautiful
  • fun./Janelle Monae - We Are Young
  • Maroon 5 - Love Somebody
  • Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
  • Zedd/Foxes - Clarity
  • Robin Thicke/Pharrell Williams/T.I. - Blurred Line
  • Katy Perry - E.T.
  • Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
  • Magic! - Rude
Hit-Bound
  • Magic!/Sean Paul - Lay You Down Easy
  • Charlie Puth/Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore
  • Ruth B. - Lost Boy
  • Pitbull/Enrique Iglesias - Messin' Around
  • Bebe Rexha/Nicki Minaj - No Broken Hearts
  • All Time Low - Missing You
  • Meghan Trainor - Me Too
  • Hailee Steinfeld/DNCE - Rock Bottom
  • Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
  • Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence
  • Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness
  • OneRepublic - Wherever I Go
  • Symon - Say
  • 1975 - The Sound
Top 5 Hit-Bound Songs
1. Meghan Trainor - Me Too
2. OneRepublic - Wherever I Go
3. Hailee Steinfeld/DNCE - Rock Bottom
4. Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
5. Selena Gomez - Kill Em With Kindness

This Is What You Blurb For

~ Honestly, Rihanna/Drake - Work needs to leave soon. It's getting old at this point.

~ I'm glad Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You has hung around these past few weeks. I thought it was the end.

~ Ladies and gentlemen! We have a new worst song on the countdown! And the title goes to The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses!

~ I'm glad One Direction - Perfect dropped a sizeable amount.

~ Justin Bieber - Sorry is a ripoff people! Yes, that's right. Justin Bieber and his producer of the song, Skrillex, ripped of a vocal riff from the song White Hinterland - Ring The Bell without permission. Go listen to the first 20 seconds of the song yourself to see. All of this and I've slightly grown back into the song. 

~ Nick Jonas/Tove Lo - Close hit a new peak by one spot. Little or none, right?

~ Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman needs to achieve a top 10 song, which likely isn't going to happen anymore! I really like this one too. 

~ We got DNCE - Cake By The Ocean out of the top 10. Yes!

~ We got Fifth Harmony - Work From Home out of the top 10. No!

~ Mike Posner/SeeB - I Took A Pill In Ibiza is now in the top 10! This is a great achievement!

~ One Direction - History is in the top 3. I'm totally fine.

~ Yassssssssss! Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! is #2!

~ Thank you voters for voting for Taylor Swift - New Romantics to be #1! Yasssssssssssssss! I'm so happy!

Bottom 5 Songs
1. The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses
2. One Direction - Perfect
3. The Weeknd - In The Night
4. Flo Rida - My House
5. Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

Top 5 Songs
1. P!nk - Just Like Fire
2. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
3. Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For
4. Fifth Harmony - Work From Home
5. Taylor Swift - New Romantics

The Hot 45 Chart will be out soon!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)



9 comments:

  1. I heard Ring the Bell too :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Jack...

    Why is Roses the new worst song?
    Why is Me Too the best song on Hit-Bound?
    Why Is Sorry not in red, even though you said it a rip-off of another song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses is just so annoying at this point. That's why. Nothing else to say.

      Me Too has an amazing beat and I love the lyrics. It is going to be a great summer anthem of mine.

      I grew slightly back into Sorry, as I said in the blurbs.

      Delete
    2. I don't normally find most songs I hate "annoying" all the time.

      Me Too has a terrible, generic and boring K-Pop style, and beat that fails hard. The lyrics are just as bad. The only part of this song I can enjoy is the pre-chorus where she says she thanks God every day, but coming before the awful drop (if you can call it that) and chorus just makes it seem redundant.

      I walk in like a dime piece
      I go straight to V.I.P.
      I never pay for my drinks
      My entourage behind me
      My life's a movie, Tom Cruise
      So bless me, baby, achoo
      And even if they tried to
      They can't do it like I do

      If I was you, I'd wanna be me too
      I'd wanna be me too
      I'd wanna be me too
      If I was you, I'd wanna be me too
      I'd wanna be me too
      I'd wanna be me too

      Delete
  3. Ha, I remember reading about how Bieber and Skrillex were sued for that vocal snippet, and I see where it came from. That is very interesting though to have grown back into it to an extent even then given how much you've hated Love Yourself.

    *sees Perfect at #2 on Bottom 5 again* Well that didn't last long at all. I think I may have jinxed that one with what I said last week. I like Roses still though... Wouldn't surprise me if My House turns orange before long, as it was #2 last week.

    Although I can't say I'm a fan of Work From Home or Just Like Fire, though. But I too am glad to see I Took a Pill in Ibiza and Can't Stop the Feeling both in the Top 10, I think they're my two favorites currently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like This Is What You Came For that much.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...