Saturday, January 9, 2016

Adele (9) - Week Of January 9, 2016

Welcome back guys! I am really behind on some end of the year posts, so bear with me. I had a shorter winter break than last year, so I had less time. We're getting really close to 14,000 on this blog, taking on 15,000. Before we get started, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Out Of The Countdown:

  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Downtown (#37)
  • Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (#44)
Last Week's #1 Song: Adele - Hello
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Taylor Swift - Blank Space

45. Pentatonix - Can't Sleep Love (#43)
44. Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? (#45)
43. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Hey Everybody! (#42) 
42. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#41) 
41. Panic! At The Disco - Victorious (#40) 
40. Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (#19)
39. Audien/Lady Antebellum - Something Better (#39)
38. Tove Lo - Moments (DEBUT)
37. Little Mix - Black Magic (#31)
36. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (#32)
35. The Chainsmokers/ROZES - Roses (DEBUT)
34. X Ambassadors - Renegades (#36)
33. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (#35)
32. Gwen Stefani - Used To Love You (#30)
31. Fifth Harmony - Worth It (#33)
30. Charlie Puth - One Call Away (#28)
29. R. City/Adam Levine - Locked Away (#38)
28. Andy Grammer - Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah) (#24)
27. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (#29)
26. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (#21)
25. Adele - When We Were Young (#34)
24. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer (#26)
23. Sam Hunt - House Party (#20)
22. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean (#17)
21. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B. (#25)
20. Jason Derulo - Get Ugly (#18)
19. Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance (#6)
18. Daya - Hide Away (#12)
17. Halsey - New Americana (#27)
16. Justin Bieber - Sorry (#23)
15. Rachel Platten - Stand By You (#22)
14. Flo-Rida - My House (#8)
13. Fall Out Boy/Demi Lovato - Irresistible (#16)
12. Alessia Cara - Here (#14)
11. Rudimental/Ed Sheeran - Lay It All On Me (#11)
10. Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods (#13)
9. The Weeknd - In The Night (#10)
8. Selena Gomez - Same Old Love (#9)
7. One Direction - Perfect (#7)
6. Demi Lovato - Confident (#5)
5. Shawn Mendes - Stitches (#3)
4. Elle King - Ex's & Oh's (#4)
3. One Direction - Drag Me Down (#15)
2. Ellie Goulding - On My Mind (#2)
1. Adele - Hello (#1)

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Meghan Trainor/John Legend - Like I'm Gonna Lose You (-21)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: One Direction - Drag Me Down (+12)

Debuts

~ Tove Lo is back with Moments. This song is actually pretty good. I think Tove Lo's voice is really dark in most of her songs. Anyways, this song is really catchy at some parts and I hope it has some success on the countdown like Tove Lo's previous hit, Talking Body from 2015.

~ The Chainsmokers/ROZES - Roses is pretty good in my opinion. I really love the sound of the EDM. The lyrics are strange but the vocals are rather intriguing. Aside from that, I really think the song has a shot at doing pretty good on the countdown.

Out Of The Blurbs

~ Yes, I know I have not done blurbs in quite some time. So let's get right into it.

~ You have no idea how happy I am that Thinking Out Loud left. I literally freaked out. I am also really happy about Downtown leaving the countdown.

~ When is Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? going to leave? This is seriously annoying me. It's such a space filler.

~ The drop from Like I'm Gonna Lose You was good in my opinion. I am starting to fade on this song and for most of the time it just stayed in the 14-22 range.

~ Can Photograph, Renegades, and Can't Feel My Face leave already? They are all starting to become intolerable.

~ Gwen Stefani - Used To Love You is doing absolutely nothing on this countdown. I really want it to jump, but the highest it has gotten is #29. Hits 1 needs to recognize sometimes that some of the song that they have high up on the countdown are not hits anymore.

~ Andy Grammer - Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah) is kind of bland and isn't really doing much either.

~ S.O.B. is not a hit anywhere. This song is not recognized on any radio stations and is a complete piece of trash. It needs to exit the countdown before it gets into the top 20.

~ The drop from Shut Up And Dance was needed. Hits 1 was clingier (is that a word?) with this song than they were on any Taylor Swift or Fall Out Boy song. Hopefully, we can get this song out of the top 20 because it is old.

~ Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods is 100% welcomed into the top 10.

~ We almost have a perfect top 10, we just need Stitches, Ex's & Oh's, and Drag Me Down to leave the top 10 and have three green songs enter in their place. 

~ I think Hello can manage to pull off the top spot for thirteen weeks.

~ Magnets, Wake Up, and Another Lonely Night should have entered the countdown this week. Hopefully they will enter next week.

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Robin Schulz/Francesco Yates - Sugar

#1 Recommendation For You: The Weeknd - Might Not*

New Artist To Check Out: G Eazy

*Yes, I know this song's lead singer is Belly. I strongly dislike his verses in this song though. This song will be premiering on The Hot 45 Chart Next Big Songs this weekend, just as The Weeknd. So, yes do not be confused with this.

Bottom 5 Countdown Songs:
1. Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.
2. Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean?
3. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
4. X Ambassadors - Renegades
5. Ed Sheeran - Photograph

Top 5 Countdown Songs:
1. Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods
2. Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams
3. Adele - Hello
4. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
5. Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

The Hot 45 Chart will be out soon!

Love ya fam!

~ Jack :)



17 comments:

  1. I was sooo not expecting you to do blurbs. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like Antidote...and what are you talking about?

      Delete
  3. Nice post! You can check my blog out at:
    http://sxmhitsoneweekendcountdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Triff! Your blog is really good! #teamnosob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recommended Downloads:
    BØRNS - 1Ø,000 Emerald Pools
    David Guetta/Sia/Fetty Wap - Bang My Head
    Jess Glynne - Don't Be So Hard on Yourself
    Pitbull/Lil Jon/Osmani Garcia - El Taxi
    Drake/Future - Jumpman
    T.S. - Out of the Woods
    Ellie Goulding - Something in the Way You Move

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude what r u talking about with Andidote?

      Delete
    2. Jack, here's color-code you don't know:

      Dark Green = Never heard before

      Delete
  6. Triffi, twenty one pilots - Stressed Out is growing out of me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OKay, Same Old Love needs to not hit #1, and not enter the Top 5, so does Confident. And Irresistible needs to enter the Top 10 and hit #1 very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to agree with this logic, but I don't think any of this will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Haley Reinhart - Can't Help Falling In Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...