Saturday, July 11, 2015

Walk The Moon (4) - Week Of July 11, 2015

What's up guys? This is the weekend countdown for July 11, 2015. Before we get to the review, let's review last week. Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth jumped to the top spot for a 4th week. Walk The Moon and Taylor Swift once again were also in the top three with Shut Up And Dance and Bad Blood. We also had debuts from Selena Gomez, Flo-Rida, and The Heydaze. Now let's get to the review! 

*Please note that I will be gone from the 13-16 on blogging. Thanks! Now let's get to the songs leaving us:

  • Ella Henderson - Ghost (#34)
  • Olly Murs/Travie McCoy - Wrapped Up (#40)
  • Marlon Roudette - When The Beat Drops Out (#45)
Last Week's #1 Song: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again

45. Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi - I Need Your Love (#41)
44. Nick Jonas - Chains (#44)
43. Katy Tiz - Whistle (While You Work It) (#29)
42. Taylor Swift - Blank Space (#38) [6 Weeks At #1]
41. Pitbull/Chris Brown - Fun (#21)
40. Echosmith - Bright (#30)
39. DJ Snake/AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (#43)
38. American Authors - Go Big Or Go Home (DEBUT)
37. Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband (#42)
36. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (#39) [4 Weeks At #1]
35. The Mowgli's - I'm Good (DEBUT)
34. Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (#35) [2 Weeks At #1]
33. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (#28) [3 Weeks At #1]
32. Nick Jonas - Jealous (#19)
31. Fall Out Boy - Centuries (#36) [2 Weeks At #1]
30. Selena Gomez - Good For You (#25)
29. Maroon 5 - Sugar (#33) [2 Weeks At #1]
28. Flo-Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White - I Don't Like It, I Love It (#37)
27. Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor - Marvin Gaye (#26)
26. Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand (#31)
25. The Heydaze - Dumb (#24)
24. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MO - Lean On (#27)
23. Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (#14)
22. Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young (#33)
21. Bea Miller - Fire N Gold (#22)
20. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (#17)
19. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer (DEBUT)
18. Twenty One Pilots - Tear In My Heart (#17)
17. Taylor Swift - Style (#16) [1 Week At #1]
16. Fifth Harmony - Worth It (#20)
15. Sam Hunt - Take Your Time (#15)
14. Omi/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader (#23)
13. All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give (#11)
12. One Direction/Zayn Malik - Where Do Broken Hearts Go (#12)
11. Tove Lo - Talking Body (#4)
10. Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt (#10)
9. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Bebe Rexha/Afrojack - Hey Mama (#9)
8. Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman (#6)
7. Andy Grammer - Honey I'm Good (#5)
6. Jason Derulo - Want To Want Me (#7)
5. Rachel Platten - Fight Song (#8)
4. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#1) [4 Weeks At #1]
3. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (#13)
2. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (#3) [1 Week At #1]
1. Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance (#2) [4 Weeks At #1]

Biggest Drop! Of The Week: Pitbull/Chris Brown - Fun (-20)

Biggest Jump! Of The Week: Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young (+11)

DEBUTS

American Authors return with Go Big Or Go Home. I liked this song, I really did. But after several listens, I just lost interest. This song may grow back on me a little bit though. I don't know how to feel about this, I guess it can stay for a little while.

The Mowgli's also return with I'm Good. This song is okay. I have mixed feelings about it. I like it, then I think it's okay. This song has entered The Hot 45 Chart twice, and left both times after one week. So, I guess this one can stay a while too.

Demi Lovato is also back with her amazing and catchy new summer tune, Cool For The Summer. I thought for sure this song would debut last week, because it had about 30 spins, but I'm not complaining. I really like this song! I hope it stays a while. But then again, if it were still here in February, that would be weird, because of the title. This song should stay for a while too, and I hope it does.

BLURB FOR THE SUMMER

I don't understand why songs like I Need Your Love, Fun, You Know You Like It, Dear Future Husband, and Marvin Gaye have gotten terrible attention on this countdown. You know why these songs aren't getting votes? Because people forget about them when Hits 1 plays them 0 times over the course of the week, and they overrate songs like Centuries, Jealous, Sugar, Thinking Out Loud, and Chains which have been here for months and are extremely old. This needs to be fixed.

I was happy to see You Know You Like It jump, this song only has jumped twice since its debut.

It's a good thing that Jealous isn't in the top 20 anymore, now it needs to leave the countdown forever. 

Centuries was popular for very little time anywhere. If this song lasts a year, I will be extremely enraged. This song is so overrated by Hits 1. Hey Hits 1, could you please stop playing Fall Out Boy songs? Please? It always turns out bad, you keep them forever! I love you Hits 1, but please could you do that?

Of course Good For You and Dumb drop on their second week. I think they will just jump like The Night Is Still Young next week.

I happily listened from #28-#15. 

Okay, Fight Song is getting old now. Hits 1 was a little late on this one.

Photograph's jump is acceptable...for now.

Bad Blood needs to hit #1 and stay there, please?

Shut Up And Dance still isn't getting old to me for some reason.

HIT-BOUND

  • Daya - Hide Away
  • MKTO - Bad Girls
  • Adam Lambert - Ghost Town
  • Shawn Mendes - Stitches
  • Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us
  • Deorro/Chris Brown - Five More Hours
  • Kaya Stewart - In Love With A Boy
  • Los 5 - Manana
  • Icona Pop/Erik Hassle - Emergency
  • Sam Smith - Like I Can
  • Becky G - Lovin' So Hard
  • Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now
  • MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish
  • Just Seconds Apart - Unbelievable
  • Fort Minor - Welcome
(no worst song, I can't choose)

TOP 5 HIT-BOUND
1. Adam Lambert - Ghost Town
2. Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now
3. Becky G - Lovin' So Hard
4. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
5. MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish

TOP 5 COUNTDOWN
1. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
2. Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young
3. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
4. DJ Snake/AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It
5. The Heydaze - Dumb

Star Pick Of The Week: Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young

Recommendation For Hits 1: Britney Spears/Iggy Azalea - Pretty Girls

The Hot 45 Chart will be out soon. See if Taylor and Kendrick will hold for an 8th time in a row. What do you think?

~Jack :)










5 comments:

  1. Pretty Girls will definitely not debut the countdown because it did not smash. It left AT40 a few weeks ago after peaking only at #30. It wasn't as much of a hit as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know it was a "flop" but I still like the song. Lol :D

      Delete
    2. My main recommendation for Hits 1 to add to their playlist - even though it's been on Hits & Misses w/Pete Wentz - has got to be Jack Ü/Justin Bieber - Where Are Ü Now. It just today went top 10 on the Mediabase Top 40.
      In fact, here's the whole top 10 as of today, along with last week's positions:
      #10. Jack Ü/Justin Bieber - Where Are Ü Now (+1)
      #9. Jason Derulo - Want to Want Me (+0) {1 Week @ #1}
      #8. Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good. (+2)
      #7. Fifth Harmony/Kid Ink - Worth It (-2)
      #6. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (-2) {4 Weeks @ #1}
      #5. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (+3)
      #4. WALK THE MOON - Shut Up and Dance (-1)
      #3. OMI/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader (+3)
      #2. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Bebe Rexha/Afrojack - Hey Mama (+0)
      #1. Taylor Swift(/Kendrick Lamar) - Bad Blood (+0) {4th Week @ #1}

      Delete
    3. Wow. Nice to see Hey Mama at #2.

      Delete
  2. NICE TO SEE CHEERLEADER AT NUMBER 3 YEAH ADRIAN IM TRYING TO MAKE U MAD

    ReplyDelete

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...