Saturday, July 25, 2015

Andy Grammer (1) - Week Of July 25, 2015

Hey guys! This week's coundown wasn't bad, but some parts weren't completely good either. This week I give about an 8.5/10 or a 9/10, something like that.  Before we get to the countdown and the rest of the post, here is a list of songs we are saying goodbye to:
  • Nick Jonas - Chains (#41)
  • Katy Tiz - Whistle (While You Work It) (#42)
  • Meghan Trainor - Dear Future Husband (#43)
  • Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi - I Need Your Love (#44)

Last Week's #1 Song: Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance

45. Pitbull/Chris Brown - Fun (#40)
44. Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (#39)
43. Fall Out Boy - Centuries (#35) [2 Weeks At #1]
42. Nick Jonas - Jealous (#29)
41. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (#38) [4 Weeks At #1]
40. Maroon 5 - Sugar (#28) [2 Weeks At #1]
39. Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (#36) [2 Weeks At #1]
38. Shawn Mendes - Stitches (DEBUT)
37. Taylor Swift - Blank Space (#45) [6 Weeks At #1]
36. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (#33) [3 Weeks At #1]
35. MKTO - Bad Girls (DEBUT)
34. Echosmith - Bright (#37)
33. Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young (#33)
32. Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us (DEBUT)
31. Flo-Rida/Robin Thicke/Verdine White - I Don't Like It, I Love It (#32)
30. Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor - Marvin Gaye (#31)
29. Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MO - Lean On (#23)
28. The Heydaze - Dumb (#26)
27. The Mowgli's - I'm Good (#24)
26. Selena Gomez - Good For You (#16)
25. Taylor Swift - Style (#34) [1 Week At #1]
24. Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand (#25)
23. American Authors - Go Big Or Go Home (#19)
22. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Bebe Rexha/Afrojack - Hey Mama (#10)
21. One Direction/Zayn Malik - Where Do Broken Hearts Go (#13)
20. DJ Snake/AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (#14)
19. Maroon 5 - This Summer's Gonna Hurt (#11)
18. Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (#4) [4 Weeks At #1]
17. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She's Kinda Hot (DEBUT)
16. Fifth Harmony - Worth It (#20)
15. Sam Hunt - Take Your Time (#21)
14. Bea Miller - Fire N Gold (#22)
13. All Time Low - Something's Gotta Give (#17)
12. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer (#18)
11. Twenty One Pilots - Tear In My Heart (#15)
10. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (#27)
9. Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman (#7)
8. Omi/Felix Jaehn - Cheerleader (#12)
7. Rachel Platten - Fight Song (#9)
6. Jason Derulo - Want To Want Me (#6)
5. Ed Sheeran - Photograph (#5)
4. Tove Lo - Talking Body (#8)
3. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (#2) [1 Week At #1]
2. Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance (#1) [5 Weeks At #1]
1. Andy Grammer - Honey I'm Good (#3) [1 Week At #1]

Biggest Drop! Of The Week: Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth - See You Again (-14)

Biggest Jump! Of The Week: The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (+17)

DEBUTS
Shawn Mendes - Stitches starts off our great week of debuts. I really like this song. Don't be surprised if this song is purple next week. I hope this song doesn't have a short tenure.

MKTO - Bad Girls is okay to me at some times and then it is great again. I really don't know what to think about this song. I hope it stays for a little bit.

Tori Kelly returns this week with her new song Should've Been Us. As you can see, I really like this song because it debuted at #18 on The Hot 45 Chart. I am really enjoying this song. I hope this stays quite a bit.

Finally, we have returing artist (again) 5 Seconds Of Summer with She's Kinda Hot. This song is really good. I hope this song stays a while as well.

SHOULD'VE BEEN BLURBS
I am really enjoying how most of the songs that I don't like dropped to the lower third of the countdown. Hopefully we can get them out of this countdown soon.

If Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young leaves soon, I am going to be extremely angry. I love this song, it needs to be replacing songs like Uma Thurman, Want To Want Me, and Something's Gotta Give in the higher third of the countdown.

I don't see The Heydaze - Dumb and Selena Gomez - Good For You getting much higher than they already have been, but I would love to see them try their best. I hope they can do it. 

So, Hey Mama, Where Do Broken Hearts Go, This Summer's Gonna Hurt, and See You Again have all dropped. Okay, I hope a couple of them will rise again.

I am really enjoying how Fire N Gold and Cool For The Summer have made small jumps and have new peaks.

The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face has made a new jump. I still have no idea what to think about this song. Sometimes it's decent, other times it's pretty good.

I like how Fight Song has made a small jump when I start liking it a little more again.

Bad Blood needs to jump to #1 again. I don't want it to be like Style and jump to #1 and never go back to #1 again.

Honey I'm Good at #1? Well, I don't really care this week, but if it holds any longer, I will get angry. This song is now old.

HIT-BOUND
  • Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now
  • Icona Pop/Erik Hassle - Emergency
  • Jason Derulo - Cheyenne (DEBUT)
  • Becky G - Lovin' So Hard
  • MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish
  • Deorro/Chris Brown - Five More Hours
  • Little Mix - Black Magic (DEBUT)
  • Daya - Hide Away
  • Kaya Stewart - In Love With A Boy
  • Shy Carter - Bring It Back (DEBUT)
  • Adam Lambert - Ghost Town
  • Just Seconds Apart - Unbelievable [It is really pink, but that's the worst ranking, so I thought I'd put it in orange]
  • Sam Smith - Like I Can
  • Nico & Vinz/Bebe Rexha - That's How You Know (DEBUT)
  • Los 5 - Manana
TOP 5 HIT-BOUND
1. Nico & Vinz/Bebe Rexha - That's How You Know
2. Zedd/Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now
3. Adam Lambert - Ghost Town
4. Little Mix - Black Magic
5. MAX/Hoodie Allen - Gibberish

YOUTUBE 15
  • Robin Schulz/Ilsey - Headlights
  • BIGBANG - Bang Bang Bang
  • R City/Adam Levine - Locked Away
  • X Ambassadors - Renegades
  • Example - Whisky Story
  • Owl City/Hanson - Unbelievable
  • CHVRCHES - Leave A Trace
  • Prince Royce/Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull - Back It Up
  • The Score - Oh My Love
  • Alessia Cara - Here
  • GIRLS GENERATION - PARTY
  • Pia Mia/Chris Brown/Tyga - Do It Again
  • Alex Groot - Unstoppable
  • Robin Schulz/Jasmine Thompson - Sun Goes Down
  • Madcon/Ray Dalton - Don't Worry
TOP 5 YOUTUBE 15
1. Robin Schulz/Jasmine Thomspon - Sun Goes Down
2. Prince Royce/Jennifer Lopez/Pitbull - Back It Up
3. Pia Mia/Chris Brown/Tyga - Do It Again
4. Robin Schulz/Ilsey - Headlights
5. Owl City/Hanson - Unbelievable

Star Pick Of The Week: Bea Miller - Fire N Gold

TOP 5 COUNTDOWN
1. Taylor Swift - Bad Blood
2. Shawn Mendes - Stitches
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She's Kinda Hot
4. Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer
5. Tori Kelly - Should've Been Us

BOTTOM 5 COUNTDOWN
1. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
2. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
3. Jason Derulo - Want To Want Me
4. Maroon 5 - Sugar
5. Echosmith - Bright

One last thing, I would like to remind everyone of what fellow blogger/commenter Adrian Carrazco said. Please do not use offensive terms in comments. This can be very insulting to some people. I hope everyone realizes that some people can be super offended like that. Please do not use those terms.

That's it for me! Have a great day!

~Jack :)

















1 comment:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...