Friday, December 26, 2014

OneRepublic-Year Of 2014

So, Hits 1 debuted their countdown for the end of the year yesterday. Hits 1 should have based this countdown on the Whatuwant Crew's votes, but instead, and I don't know why, they based it on airplay. (I have kept track of everything even when I wasn't blogging, so in that case in parentheses I will say what number the song peaked at on the countdown). And let me say, I am not impressed with the order of the countdown, and I believe that Counting Stars should have been #1 last year, not this year. I wish some of these songs were higher, lower, not even on the countdown, and I wish a few were on this countdown. And how is it that Taylor Swift-Blank Space not on here, it is #1 on Billboard right now. And the horrible AJR-I'm Ready is?!?!?


LAST YEAR'S #1 SONG: Fall Out Boy-My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark(Light 'Em Up)

45. Zedd/Hayley Williams-Stay The Night(#7)
44. Lorde-Team(#5)
43. Justin Timberlake-Not A Bad Thing(#3)
42. Midnight Red-Hell Yeah(#13)
41. Rixton-Me And My Broken Heart(#2)
40. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj-Bang Bang(#3)(SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 10!)
39. Ellie Goulding-Burn(#5)
38. John Legend/Tiesto-All Of Me(#2)
37. Avicci/Aloe Blacc-Wake Me Up(#1)
36. AJR-I'm Ready(#20)(WHAT THE?!?!?)
35. One Direction-Story Of My Life(#3)
34. Nico And Vinz-Am I Wrong(#7)
33. Echosmith-Cool Kids(#4)
32. Paramore-Ain't It Fun(#4)
31. Fall Out Boy-Young Volcanoes(#1)
30. American Authors-Best Day Of My Life(#8)
29. Pharrell Williams-Happy(#5)
28. Glenn Morison/Islove-Goodbye(#10)
27. Eminem/Rihanna-The Monster(#2)
26. Ariana Grande/Zedd-Break Free(#2)
25. Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea/Big Sean-Problem(#3)
24. Charli XCX-Boom Clap(#3)
23. Ed Sheeran-Don't(#2)
22. Ed Sheeran/Pharrell Williams-Sing(#2)
21. Meghan Trainor-All About That Bass(#1)
20. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne-Rather Be(#7)
19. 5 Seconds Of Summer-Amnesia(#4)
18. Fall Out Boy-Alone Together(#1)
17. Kongos-Come With Me Now(#2)
16. Sam Smith-Stay With Me(#1)
15. Magic!-Rude(#2)
14. Taylor Swift-Shake It Off(#1)
13. Passenger-Let Her Go(#5)
12. MKTO-Classic(#6)
11. Maroon 5-Maps(#1)
10. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX-Fancy(#1)
9. Olly Murs-Dance With Me Tonight(#1)
8. Imagine Dragons-On Top Of The World(#1)
7. 5 Seconds Of Summer-She Looks So Perfect(#1)
6. Imagine Dragons-Demons(#1)
5. Katy Perry/Juicy J-Dark Horse(#2)
4. OneRepublic-Love Runs Out(#1)
3. Bastille-Pompeii(#1)
2. Pitbull/Ke$ha-Timber(#1)
1. OneRepublic-Counting Stars(#1)(NO. PLEASE. NO.)

COUNTING BLURBS

The Top 10 consists of all #1 songs, besides Katy Perry/Juicy J-Dark Horse.

Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris, and Rihanna should have received more recognition on this countdown.

AJR-I'm Ready didn't deserve to be on this countdown. I used to think this song was okay, a little okay. Until I kept hearing "I'm ready!" from SpongeBob. SpongeBob, you're a funny dude, but you are annoying.

-Have a Happy New Year!

TOP 5 ON THIS COUNTDOWN
1. Taylor Swift-Shake It Off
2. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj-Bang Bang
3. Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea/Big Sean-Problem
4. Ariana Grande/Zedd-Break Free
5. Katy Perry/Juicy J-Dark Horse



*My Year In Review and Top 45 Songs Of 2014 will be coming out on either Monday or Tuesday ;)*




No comments:

Post a Comment

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...