Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Special End Of The Year Hits 1 Post: My Fresh 45 Songs Of 2014

Hey guys, I am gonna be posting this close to midnight!!!!! Thought it might be cool to post the official Fresh 45 Songs that I liked  pretty close to exactly when the year ended. 

This post was very difficult and this is how I did it:
-Went over all songs that debuted on the countdown THIS YEAR
-Gave them all rankings
-Picked the 45 with the highest rankings(had to pick some with the same rankings over the other)

*DIFFICULT!*

Anyway, the other blogs say the songs that debuted in December aren't eligible for this year, well they are for me, some of them even made it to this countdown or were close calls. The reason these following songs are definitely eligible for this year is because in all other places, they were EXTREMELY POPULAR months before they debuted on this countdown and I would like to recognize these amazingly great songs:

-Mary J. Blige/Sam Smith-Therapy
-Charli XCX-Break The Rules
-Meghan Trainor-Lips Are Movin'
-Fifth Harmony-Sledgehammer
-OneRepublic-I Lived
-Lorde-Yellow Flicker Beat
-Eden XO-(Not) To Cool To Dance
-Bea Miller-Young Blood
-James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence-The Hanging Tree
-Andy Grammar-Honey I'm Good
-Ariana Grande/The Weeknd-Love Me Harder
-Ed Sheeran-Thinking Out Loud

During this year there were so many amazing songs! Some were horrible that hit this countdown, and there were some songs that should've made this countdown that didn't. These are those songs:

-Colbie Callait-Try
-Meghan Trainor-Title
-Calvin Harris/Ayah Marar-Thinking About You
-The Script-Superheroes
-Taylor Swift-Style

THE BOTTOM 15 SONGS OF 2014(STARTING WITH THE WORST)

-Fall Out Boy-Young Volcanoes
-Kongos-Come With Me Now
-AJR-I'm Ready
-Paramore-Ain't It Fun
-Bleachers-I Wanna Get Better
-Rixton-Wait On Me
-Jason Derulo-Trumpets
-Jason Derulo/Snoop Dogg-Wiggle
-Jesse McCartney-Superbad
-Ed Sheeran/Pharrell Williams-Sing
-Dirty Heads-My Sweet Summer
-Kim Cesarion-Undressed
-Magic!-Rude
-Cobra Starship/Icona Pop-Never Been In Love
-Karmin-I Want It All

15 CLOSE CALLS(SONGS THAT WERE EXTREMELY CLOSE TO MAKING THIS COUNTDOWN)(I WANTED THEM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD)

-Sam Smith-I'm Not The Only One
-Betty Who-Somebody Loves You
-Sheppard-Geronimo
-Echosmith-Cool Kids
-Zendaya-Replay
-Naughty Boy/Sam Smith-La La La
-Pharrell Williams-Happy
-Eden XO-(Not) To Cool To Dance
-Martin Garrix-Animals
-Lady Gaga-G.U.Y.
-X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons-Jungle
-DJ Snake/Lil Jon-Turn Down For What
-Sam Smith-Stay With Me
-Hardwell/Matthew Koma-Dare You
-Coldplay/Avicci-A Sky Full Of Stars

^*If I Could Have A Top 60, You Would ALL BE IN IT!*^FARWELL :(

*THE TOP 10 TOOK A LOT OF DECISION!!!!!*

THE FRESH 45 OF 2014(MY FAVES)

45. Nicki Minaj-Anaconda
Nicki Minaj has really made a transformation. I mean when you look at songs like 2011's Super Bass it's still explicit but she wasn't really rapping in those songs, she was singing. I liked when she was a pop singer and not a rapper. But this song is weird but at the same time draws you in in a fun way. I only buy clean songs, so if you have ever heard the original version of this song, Hits 1 cut out one minute because she said so many inappropriate things at the end using swear words. I only like the Hits 1 version. Thanks for cutting it out.

44. Fifth Harmony-Sledgehammer
This is a wonderful song displaying how you feel when you are around that special someone. Fifth Harmony's greatest next to Me And My Girls from 2013.

43. Bea Miller-Young Blood
I love this song from 15 year old breakout artist Bea Miller. She really shows how much young kids like to fool around and have fun when they are young. Great song.

42. One Direction-Night Changes
I like this song because it expresses so much feeling and how much your heart beats when you see a special person, and that someone is always there. This is definitely One Direction's best song.

41. Hozier-Take Me To Church
I did not like this song at all when I first heard it. But it grew on me and eventually loved it. This song is so emotional, and Hozier really brings this song big as a new breakout artist.

40. Glenn Morrison/Islove-Goodbye
This song really shows that you miss someone and want them back a lot. Islove really brings it out in his vocals. The only thing I don't get is "Goobye and it starts to snow in the streets of Mexico". Can someone explain that to me...

39. Gwen Stefani-Baby Don't Lie
Gwen Stefani's biggest hit since like 2007. She really brought it back when this song got released. This song shows that you can always tell if someone is hiding something in a relationship.

38. Travie McCoy/Brendon Urie-Keep On Keeping On
This song by Travie and Brendon is awesome because it shows you to never give up after a big defeat, or someone brings you down. 

37. Fergie-L.A. Love(La La)
Fergie has come back with this single about traveling the world and seeing things. This is her first song I believe after coming back from taking care of her new baby.

36. Shakira/Rihanna-Can't Remember To Forget You
This is a great comeback from Shakira and one of Rihanna's best songs. This song is so good displaying that you don't like someone anymore but you can't get them out of your mind.

35. Ed Sheeran/Lupe Fiasco-Old School Love
This is my favorite song from Ed. I like that Lupe Fiasco is in the song because he really brings more energy into it. Too bad it only spent like 3 weeks on the countdown and didn't make it out of the 30's.

34. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars-Uptown Funk
I keep thinking Bruno Mars is the lead singer in this song because I barely hear him in it, and I always have to fix my blogs because I say Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson-Uptown Funk even when Mark is the lead singer. Anyway, this song is great because it uses awesome lyrics.

33. Ed Sheeran-Thinking Out Loud
This is a very emotional song, and Ed debuted with it just last weekend. This is my favorite next to Old School Love. Ed's been rapping in his songs lately like he does in Sing with Pharrell Williams and Don't. I don't like his rapping. I like his singing.

32. Mr. Probz/Robin Schulz-Waves
This song shows someone "Slowly drifting away" which means that they are slowly losing everything they had. This song is very good because they added Robin in the remix, which is the version they play on Hits 1.

31. OneRepublic-I Lived
OneRepublic's best song ever showing that someone survived through tough times, and is telling the story of how they did it. This song is so good.

30. Meghan Trainor-Lips Are Movin'
Meghan Trainor has had a terrific year as one of 2014's Top 5 Breakout Artists. This song is great and her best next to Title. Great job Meghan Trainor.

29. Cash Cash/Bebe Rexha-Take Me Home
"Take me home". All I have to say is that Bebe Rexha's vocals are amazing.

28. DJ Cassidy/Robin Thicke/Jessie J-Calling All Hearts
This song didn't get much fame, but it got a lot on Hits 1. DJ Cassidy and Jessie J are really good in this song but I gotta say that I kinda didn't like Robin Thicke in this song.

27. R5-Heart Made Up On You
R5's best song and they deserved more fame rather than being a "Disney Channel Band". 

26. Enrique Iglesias/Sean Paul/Descemer De Bueno/Gente De Zona-Bailando
A great song but the English version is better than the Spanish.

25. Avicci/Dan Tyminski-Hey Brother
A good song showing how much you care for your siblings, brorther's and sisters. And nobody really gave credit to Dan Tyminski for his amazing vocals in this song.

24. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd-Really Don't Care
This song is great break up song to sing to your "ex lover". Demi has amazing vocals and Cher barely has a part in this song but whatever, all that matters is that it is a good song.

23. Taylor Swift-Welcome To New York
Even though, this song only spent one week on the countdown, it was an amazingly great song and should've deserved more like Out Of The Woods, which also spent one week on the countdown.

22. Zedd/Matthew Koma/Miriam Bryant-Find You
This is a great song with amazing vocals from Matthew and Miriam representing that you will never give up.

21. James Newton Howard/Jennifer Lawrence-The Hanging Tree
The original version is dull. I like the remix that Hits 1 plays, now if only I could get it on iTunes...

20. Pitbull/GRL-Wild Wild Love
I only like GRL's part in this song. This is a good song showing that love can't ever be tamed.

19. Nick Jonas-Jealous
"I still get jealous". I love this song from Nick Jonas. All I have to say. I know these comments about the songs may seem a little boring, but I am just saying that they are all great songs.

18. Becky G-Shower
Didn't get much attention but deserved it. Becky G finally brokeout with this song, and it was decent.

17. Selena Gomez-The Heart Wants What It Wants
I don't get it. On the countdown it is so un-popular, it hasen't gotten even out of the twenties. What the...

16. Disclosure/Sam Smith-Latch
This song embraces how someone starts to fall for another. Sam's breakout song. Great song.

15. Iggy Azalea/MO-Beg For It
"I'm gonna make you beg for it". We all know what this song is about... Ugh...The vocals are good though.

14. John Legend/Tiesto-All Of Me
A great love song by John Legend, and I love the remix with Tiesto. All you men out there, sing this to your woman every day. All you women out there sing this to your men every day.

13. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX-Fancy
This song was okay...This was Iggy's breakout song. It feels like Iggy has been around for years considering all the smash hits she's had this year, including this one.

12. Rita Ora/Calvin Harris-I Will Never Let You Down
Rita and Clavin's break up song. Farewell couple. This song was great, until Calvin refused to let Rita perform it anywhere.

11. Tiesto/Matthew Koma-Wasted
Something about this song just spoke to me and made me like it but I don't know what...

10. Ariana Grande/Zedd-Break Free
I love this song still.

9. Alesso/Tove Lo-Heroes(We Coukd Be)
Great song.

8. Taylor Swift-Out Of The Woods
Deserved way more.

7. Calvin Harris/John Newman-Blame
Amazing and one of the best collaborations of the year.

6. Taylor Swift-Shake It Off
Broke the record for #1 hitting 12 times and is a good dance song.

5. Ariana Grande/The Weeknd-Love Me Harder
Love it, one of the best song in the last two decades.

4. Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora-Black Widow
Iggy's best song of the year with great vocals by Rita Ora.

3. Taylor Swift-Blank Space
One of the best songs in the last decade.

2. Jessie J/Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj-Bang Bang
Best three way collaboration I've ever heard about you know what, but all I like is the vocals.

1. Ariana Grande/Iggy Azalea/Big Sean-Problem
One good song. Iggy Azalea should've been in this song on Hits 1. Why did they cut her out...Even though last year's The Way went double platinum and Popular Song gave her a lot of fame, Ariana got her fame from this very song and it is my favorite song, and quite frankly one of your favorite songs of the year.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...