Friday, January 11, 2019

The Chainsmokers (4) - Week Of January 5, 2019













Hello and welcome back everyone! I hope that you all had fantastic holidays. We are now officially in 2019. We could have started off this year with a better countdown, considering not much happened this week at all. Including no exits. With that being said, let's get right into this week's fresh 45.

Last Week's #1 Song: The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Imagine Dragons - Thunder

The Countdown
45. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#44)
44. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#45) [2 Weeks At #1]
43. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle (#41) [9 Weeks At #1]
42. Twenty One Pilots - My Blood (#43)
41. Bazzi/Camila Cabello - Beautiful (#40)
40. George Ezra - Shotgun (#39)
39. The Chainsmokers/Emily Warren - Side Effects (#37)
38. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#38)
37. Steve Aoki/BTS - Waste It On Me (#42)
36. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#29)
35. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (#36) [4 Weeks At #1]
34. Mark Ronson/Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (#31)
33. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (#32)
32. Silk City & Dua Lipa - Electricity (#35)
31. Shawn Mendes - Nervous (#28)
30. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#33)
29. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#24)
28. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#25)
27. Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way (#34)
26. Little Mix/Nicki Minaj - Woman Like Me (#21)
25. James Arthur - Empty Space (#26)
24. David Guetta & Anne-Marie - Don't Leave Me Alone (#27)
23. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#30)
22. Lauren Jauregui - Expectations (#23)
21. Olly Murs - Moves (#22)
20. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me (#19)
19. lovelytheband - Broken (#20)
18. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside (#15)
17. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#14)
16. Camila Cabello - Consequences (#11)
15. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#18) [1 Week At #1]
14. Ariana Grande - Breathin (#17)
13. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#16)
12. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#13)
11. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#12)
10. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies (#7)
9. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks (#10)
8. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#6)
7. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones (#8) [2 Weeks At #1]
6. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#9)
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#5) [5 Weeks At #1]
4. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
3. Halsey - Without Me (#4)
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#3) [8 Weeks At #1]
1. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#1) [4th Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (-7)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie Between Lauv/Julia Michaels - There's No Way and Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (+7)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: Ariana Grande - Imagine


Hit-Bound
  • Dan + Shay - Speechless
  • Alessia Cara - Trust My Lonely
  • Dean Lewis - Be Alright
  • Seeb & Bastille - Grip
  • Khalid - Better
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
  • Imagine Dragons - Machine
  • Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
  • Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
  • Stephen Puth - Sexual Vibe
  • Lauren Daigle - You Say
  • Benny Blanco & Calvin Harris - I Found You
  • Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Pitbull & Rhea - Ocean To Ocean
My Bottom 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Pitbull & Rhea - Ocean To Ocean
2. Dan + Shay - Speechless
3. Imagine Dragons - Machine
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Killer Queen
5. lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid 

My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks  
1. Avril Lavigne - Tell Me It's Over
2. Charli XCX/Troye Sivan - 1999
3. Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life
4. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
5. Lauren Daigle - You Say


Waste It On Blurbs 

~ At this point, I kind of feel like This Feeling has had its run at the #1 spot. Don't get me wrong, I like the song. But...it is just not one of those songs that should be spending excessive amounts of weeks in the spotlight.

~ I seriously don't understand how High Hopes is still clinging on in those top three spots. At this point, I would like to see something fresh. But, of course, that is just me. 

~ Even though Ariana Grande's less-appealing track that is currently on the countdown, Thank U, Next, is still rising up the ranks--I am still glad that her better track, Breathin, is still attaining a decent amount of success here.

~ Other than the fact that our rather small biggest jump this week was from, sadly, Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine, nothing else really happened this week. It has truthfully been one of the most boring weeks that we have had in a while.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!



0-Garbage
20. Dan + Shay - Tequila

1-Bad
19. Anne-Marie - 2002
18. Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - Eastside 

2-Mediocre
17. Imagine Dragons - Natural

3-Decent
16. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
15. lovelytheband - Broken 

4-Good
14. Khalid & Normani - Love Lies

5-Great
13. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
12. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
11. Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
9. The Struts/Kesha - Body Talks
8. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close To Me
7. Marshmello & Bastille - Happier
6. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
5. Halsey - Without Me
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
3. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
1. Ariana Grande - Breathin
1. Camila Cabello - Consequences

Score: 79% (C)


Best Countdown Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Ed Sheeran - Perfect


My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Dan + Shay - Tequila
1. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
3. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
4. Anne-Marie - 2002
5. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Consequences
1. Ariana Grande - Breathin
3. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
5. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You


If you haven't yet seen my Top 45 Songs Of 2018, I would love for you to check it out! I put a lot of work into this year's post. You can see it by clicking here.
 
Thanks for reading!

See you soon!

~ Jack :)     

3 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...