Monday, July 9, 2018

Taylor Swift (1) - Week Of July 7, 2018

Image result for taylor swift
Hey guys! I thought I would do a countdown review this week, as I have really missed doing these, and I know you guys really enjoy to see my opinions on songs and have probably missed these types of posts as well. I am so excited to be doing one of these this week, so let's get started. There were no exits from the countdown this week, so onto the fresh 45 we go. 

Last Week's #1 Song: Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) [4]
#1 Song This Week 1 Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (2)


The Countdown
45. Camila Cabello - Havana (#45) [1 Week At #1]
44. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#44) [2 Weeks At #1]
43. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso/Florida Georgia Line/watt - Let Me Go (#43) [1 Week At #1]
42. G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I (#39)
41. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#36) [5 Weeks At #1]
40. Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days (#41)
39. Bad Wolves - Zombie (#42)
38. Dustin Atlas & Erin Bowman - Fake Ass Friends (#33)
37. Sugarland/Taylor Swift - Babe (#40)
36. Hundred Handed - Too Good (#35)
35. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#37)
34. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#22)
33. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (#17)
32. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back (#32) [1 Week At #1]
31. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#31) [1 Week At #1]
30. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#30)
29. The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (#29)
28. The Wrecks - James Dean (#38)
27. U2 & Cheat Codes - Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way (#27)
26. Maren Morris - Rich (#24)
25. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (#25)
24. Maroon 5 - Wait (#20)
23. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss (#19)
22. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line - Meant To Be (#18) [1 Week At #1]
21. Bazzi - Mine (#25)
20. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right (#28)
19. Niall Horan - On The Loose (#12)
18. Cardi B - I Like It (#21)
17. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me (#6)
16. Liam Payne - Familiar (#23)
15. Halsey - Alone (#11)
14. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me (#14)
13. Dua Lipa - IDGAF (#9)
12. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#34)
11. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know (#15)
10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#16)
9. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS (#7)
8. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#10)
7. Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry (#5)
6. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (#8)
5. Selena Gomez - Back To You (#13)
4. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes (#4) [1 Week At #1]
3. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle (#3) [9 Weeks At #1]
2. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) [#1] {4 Weeks At #1}
1. Taylor Swift - Delicate (#2) [1st Week At #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... Of The Week: Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (-16)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (+22)

#1 Recommendation Of The Week: King Princess - 1950


Hit-Bound

  • Post Malone - Better Now
  • Madison Beer - Home With You
  • Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
  • Train/Cam/Travie McCoy - Call Me Sir
  • MNEK/Hailee Steinfeld - Colour
  • Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
  • Julia Michales/Trippie Redd - Jump
  • lovelytheband - Broken
  • Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
  • Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
  • Big Boi - All Night
  • Dan + Shay - Tequila
  • Cole Redding - Father Father
  • Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
  • BTS - FAKE LOVE
My Top 5 Hit-Bound Picks
1. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess
2. Alessia Cara - Growing Pains
3. Julia Michaels/Trippie Redd - Jump
4. Dennis Lloyd - Nevermind
5. Backstreet Boys - Don't Go Breaking My Heart


I Blurb It

~ I am quite happy seeing Delicate steal the top spot this week, as I consider it the best song in the top 10 at the moment, besides Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry. I hope it can grasp a few more weeks atop the chart, but I would't mind if any other song in green in the top 10 would take the #1 slot.

~ The Middle, while it's not the worst song ever, could use a dip in numbers on this chart. It has had a good run atop the chart, but I feel as if we need some newer, fresher songs to get up there. I still somewhat enjoy the tune, but there are other songs that I enjoy better. 

~ I am very glad to see 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood in the top 10 this week. I have been enjoying this song a lot lately, and its definitely among the top 5 songs on this countdown for me right now. I thoroughly enjoy the vibe of this song and I like how the vocals compliment the production. I just think it is a really cool song.

~ At this point I would much rather see High Hopes take the spot of its predecessor in the top 10. This is another track that I have really been enjoying lately. I like the positive feeling I get while listening to this song.

~ I would really like to see Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right headed down in the other direction. It is not a song that I would like to see get much further here. It is one of the few bad songs on this countdown. My hope is to finally see a countdown with all good, decent, or great songs.

~ On the note of not so good songs, Maren Morris - Rich should be on its way out, too. I feel as if this song just has all the wrong things put together. It has the potential to work, but I just don't think it does at all.

~ I'm kind of sad to see Psycho dropping so far down in the countdown this week. I really enjoy this song, but I really would just like it to stay a bit longer.

~ I feel as if Thunder has had quite a long run here, and that it just needs to exit. It's never really going to get any better in my eyes. I feel as if the radio has done it to death by now. So, I would just like to see a fresh song take its place.


Let's Do A Top 20 Review!

0-Garbage
NONE

1-Bad
20. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right

2-Mediocre
NONE

3-Decent
NONE

4-Good
19. Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - The Middle
18. Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night)
17. Charlie Puth/Kehlani - Done For Me

5-Great
16. Liam Payne - Familiar
15. Niall Horan - On The Loose
14. Foster The People - Sit Next To Me
13. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
12. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - FRIENDS
11. Halsey - Alone
10. Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
9. Dua Lipa - IDGAF
8. NOTD/Bea Miller - I Wanna Know
7. Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You
6. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
5. Selena Gomez - Back To You
4. Cardi B - I Like It
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood 
2. Taylor Swift - Delicate
1. Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry

Score: 93% (A-)


Throwback Pick Of The Week: P!nk - So What

My Bottom 5 Countdown Picks
1. Maren Morris - Rich
2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
3. Meghan Trainor - Let You Be Right
4. G-Eazy & Halsey - Him & I
5. Dustin Atlas & Erin Bowman - Fake Ass Friends

My Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
2. Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry
3. Taylor Swift - Delicate
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
5. Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss


Hope you all enjoyed!

~ Jack :)




4 comments:

More You May Like

Featured Content

2019 Year-End Post #4: My Top 45 Songs of 2019

2019, similar to years past, has been a pretty average year for music. There was a lot of bad, but there was also a lot of good. This year ...